Dear Department for Business, Innovation and Skills,
Under the Freedom of Information Act please could you supply the following information within 20 working days.
1) Is the Department aware of the RFID, active ultra wideband radio frequency identification with a real time location system (RLTS), used at West Cheshire College, Cheshire, a 14-19 college.
2) Please disclose any discussions the Department has had regarding the introduction or use of RFID in West Cheshire College.
3) Please advise which companies, academics, consultants,
stakeholders, etc, were involved in these discussions.
4) Please provide details of discussions or meetings where RFID in West Cheshire College was discussed.
5) Please advise any Members of the House of Commons and Members of the House of Lords involved or knowledgable in West Cheshire College’s RFID scheme.
6) Please advise any other Government Departments or non
departmental bodies involved in West Cheshire College’s RFID RTLS.
7) Please advise all monies expended on West Cheshire College's RFID.
8) Please advise if the Department is aware of any other schemes of RFID, RTLS or otherwise, in educational establishments.
9) Please advise if the Department is involved in any schemes in educational establishments concerned with RFID, RTLS or other tracking systems.
10) Please advise if the Department is involved in any schemes in educational establishments concerned with smart cards.
11) Please advise if the Department have a budget for the
development of RFID in educational establishments - If so please advise the amount of the budget.
12) Please advise any other Government Departments or non
departmental bodies involved in RFID in educational establishments.
If you need further clarification, please contact me by email. My preferred format to receive the information is electronically, but I can accept hard copies.
Some parts of this request may be easier to answer than others, and in such case please could you release available data as soon as possible rather than delay the entire request.
If the costs of processing this request exceed the limit in the Act, please advise on what information you are able to supply within the cost limit.
BIS ref: 13/0170
Dear Ms King,
Thank you for your request for information which was received on 4
February 2013. Your request has been passed on to the appropriate official
at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills to deal with.
Your request is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 and will be responded at the latest by 4 March 2013.
If you have any queries about this email, please contact the information
rights unit at BIS. Please remember to quote the reference number above in
any future communications.
Information Rights Unit
Security and Information Rights Unit | Department for Business, Innovation
& Skills | Victoria 3, 5th Floor, 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1H OET|
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) is making a
difference by supporting sustained growth and higher skills across the
economy. BIS: working together for growth
Dear Pippa King
Please see the attached response to your Freedom of Information request
about RFID in educational establishments.
Security & Information Rights Unit
Security & Information Rights Unit | Department for Business, Innovation &
Skills | [email address] | Victoria 3, 5th Floor, 1
Victoria Street, London, SW1H OET | www.bis.gov.uk | BIS have a shared
service level agreement with DECC to process and advise on their FOI
The Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS) is building a
dynamic and competitive UK economy by creating the conditions for business
success; promoting innovation, enterprise and science; and giving everyone
the skills and opportunities to succeed. To achieve this we will foster
world-class universities and promote an open global economy. BIS -
Investing in our future
The Business in You campaign highlights support for start-ups and growing
businesses, and encourages entrepreneurial spirit. For more information
search online for "business in you".
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now