Retrieving Records From Childhood

Sam Willis made this Freedom of Information request to Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust,

Can you provide the process of how an individual can request mental health records feom their childhood?

Yours faithfully,

Sam Willis


Morning Sam,

Thank you for your email. If someone would like to request medical records from their childhood, we would ask the requestor if there is a specific document they are looking for or whether this is a request for all information held. We will require 1 form of photo identification, this can be either a passport or driving license and this can be either emailed over, posted or alternatively you can visit any of the reception areas across the Trust where a member of reception will be happy to copy the identification and they will forward across to our Information Governance team.

Once we have received and accepted a copy of the photo identification the request for information will be processed in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the requestor can expect a response within 30days.

If you would like to put in a request please come back to me with your Date of birth and full postal address so that I can register your request for information.

Kind regards

Jo Jackson
Acting Information Governance Support Officer
Dudley and Walsall Mental Health NHS Trust
Tel: 01922 608150

show quoted sections