Dear Croydon Borough Council,
A. How many LOBO loans (number of loans and total principal) has the council restructured, refinanced or for which the terms of the contracts have changed since 2015.
B. For such loans please provide a spreadsheet with the following information (a row for each loan and each parameter listed in a separate column):
1. Internal reference number
2. Principal of the original LOBO loan
3. Initial counter-party of the original LOBO loan
4. Drawdown date of the original LOBO loan
5. Maturity date of the original LOBO loan
6. Date when the LOBO loan was restructured/refinanced
7. Breakage cost or fee paid to the counter-party for the refinancing/restructuring
8. How was the loan restructured/refinanced? (i.e. loan was transformed into fixed rate loan by removing the option, or loan was repaid with a new bank loan, or with a PWLB loan, or other - please specify)
9. Principal of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
10. Maturity date of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
11. Interest rate of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
12. Fair value of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
13. Name of any third-party advisor used for the restructuring/refinancing
14. Fee paid to the advisor for the restructuring/refinancing
15. Name of broker who arranged the restructuring/refinancing
16. Fee paid to the broker for the restructuring/refinancing
C. Please provide copies of new contracts and any other official documents related to the restructuring/refinancing
D. Please provide invoices for the broker fees for the restructuring/refinancing
Dear Ms Rogers
Freedom of Information Request
Thank you for your recent request.
Your request is being considered and you will receive a response within
the statutory timescale of 20 working days, subject to the application of
any exemptions. Where consideration is being given to exemptions the 20
working day timescale may be extended to a period considered reasonable
depending on the nature and circumstances of your request. In such cases
you will be notified and, where possible, a revised time-scale will be
indicated. In all cases we shall attempt to deal with your request at the
There may be a fee payable for the retrieval, collation and provision of
the information requested where the request exceeds the statutory limit or
where disbursements exceed £450. In such cases you will be informed in
writing and your request will be suspended until we receive payment from
you or your request is modified and/or reduced.
Your request may require either full or partial transfer to another public
authority. You will be informed if your request is transferred.
If we are unable to provide you with the information requested we will
notify you of this together with the reason(s) why and details of how you
may appeal (if appropriate).
Please note that the directorate team may contact you for further
information where we believe that the request is not significantly clear
for us to respond fully.
Information in relation to the London Borough of Croydon is available
at http://www.croydonobservatory.org/. Also responses to previous
Freedom of Information requests can also be found on the following link
Please use this web site address to view the council's e-mail disclaimer -
Dear Croydon Council,
Your response to my FOI request is well overdue.
Please provide the information requested as soon as possible.
Apologies for the delay in responding to your FOI request.
Please find original request in email below.
We are reviewing outstanding FOI requests with us.
We felt that your request need to be revisited.
Can you consider these options:
1) Wish your original request to be processed, as is;
2) Wish to submit a revised request;
3) Wish to withdraw your request entirely?
Could you respond to us within 14 days from the date on this email, otherwise we will consider this matter closed.