Dear Torbay Borough Council,
A. How many LOBO loans (number of loans and total principal) has the council restructured, refinanced or for which the terms of the contracts have changed since 2015.
B. For such loans please provide a spreadsheet with the following information (a row for each loan and each parameter listed in a separate column):
1. Internal reference number
2. Principal of the original LOBO loan
3. Initial counter-party of the original LOBO loan
4. Drawdown date of the original LOBO loan
5. Maturity date of the original LOBO loan
6. Date when the LOBO loan was restructured/refinanced
7. Breakage cost or fee paid to the counter-party for the refinancing/restructuring
8. How was the loan restructured/refinanced? (i.e. loan was transformed into fixed rate loan by removing the option, or loan was repaid with a new bank loan, or with a PWLB loan, or other - please specify)
9. Principal of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
10. Maturity date of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
11. Interest rate of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
12. Fair value of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
13. Name of any third-party advisor used for the restructuring/refinancing
14. Fee paid to the advisor for the restructuring/refinancing
15. Name of broker who arranged the restructuring/refinancing
16. Fee paid to the broker for the restructuring/refinancing
C. Please provide copies of new contracts and any other official documents related to the restructuring/refinancing
D. Please provide invoices for the broker fees for the restructuring/refinancing
Thank you for your request for information, which was received on 18 March 2019. We are currently processing your request and will contact you within 20 working days.
If you have any queries regarding your request, please do not hesitate to contact us, quoting the reference number above in all communications.
Head of Information Governance & Data Protection Officer
Email: [email address]
Dear FOI officer,
Your response to my FOI request is well overdue.
Please provide the information requested as soon as possible.
Dear Ms Rogers
Thank you for your email received on 3 May 2019, your request has been
logged twice under reference 18192022 and reference 19200206 therefore
please disregard 19200206.
We are chasing the relevant department for a response to 18192022 and will
contact you once we have received it.
Torquay Town Hall
*: [email address]
The Information Compliance Team will aim to acknowledge correspondence
within 3 working days unless a restriction is in place.
Dear Ms Rogers
Further to your request received on 13 March 2019, I confirm that Torbay
Council has now considered your request under the Freedom of Information
Our response is attached.
The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the
Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your
own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for
the purpose of news reporting. Any other re-use, for example commercial
publication, would require the permission of the copyright holder.
If you have any queries about this email please do not hesitate to contact
me directly, quoting the reference number listed at the top of this letter
in all communications.
If you are unhappy with the Council’s response to your request you may
request an Internal Review, your request must be made in writing setting
out the reasons you are unhappy within 40 working days of receiving the
response, you can request an Internal Review by writing to Information
Compliance, Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay, TQ1 3DR.
If after going through the Council’s Internal Review process you are still
not satisfied, you can contact the Information Commissioner direct.
Information Helpline: 0303 123 1113
Commissioner 01625 545 745
Wycliffe [email address]
Water Lane Website:
Room FF 276
Please note: Communications with Torbay Council may be monitored and/or
recorded for lawful purposes. This electronic email is confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender, and please delete the message from your system
immediately. The views in this message are personal; they are not
necessarily those of Torbay Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now