Dear Newport City Council,
A. How many LOBO loans (number of loans and total principal) has the council restructured, refinanced or for which the terms of the contracts have changed since 2015.
B. For such loans please provide a spreadsheet with the following information (a row for each loan and each parameter listed in a separate column):
1. Internal reference number
2. Principal of the original LOBO loan
3. Initial counter-party of the original LOBO loan
4. Drawdown date of the original LOBO loan
5. Maturity date of the original LOBO loan
6. Date when the LOBO loan was restructured/refinanced
7. Breakage cost or fee paid to the counter-party for the refinancing/restructuring
8. How was the loan restructured/refinanced? (i.e. loan was transformed into fixed rate loan by removing the option, or loan was repaid with a new bank loan, or with a PWLB loan, or other - please specify)
9. Principal of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
10. Maturity date of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
11. Interest rate of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
12. Fair value of new PWLB or bank loan used to refinance the LOBO loan (if applicable)
13. Name of any third-party advisor used for the restructuring/refinancing
14. Fee paid to the advisor for the restructuring/refinancing
15. Name of broker who arranged the restructuring/refinancing
16. Fee paid to the broker for the restructuring/refinancing
C. Please provide copies of new contracts and any other official documents related to the restructuring/refinancing
D. Please provide invoices for the broker fees for the restructuring/refinancing
Thank you for your request for information about :
Restructuring of LOBO loans
Received on 18/03/2019
This request has been formally logged in our FOI management system and has been assigned the reference REQ06777.
You should receive a reply to your request within the statutory time limit of 20 working days.
Please remember to quote the reference number REQ06777 in any future communications.
Thank you for your recent request for information which I have enclosed
below for ease of reference. Your request has been treated in accordance
with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and/or the Environmental
Information Regulations 2004.
I can confirm that we do hold information that falls within the scope of
your request. The answers to your questions have been provided in Red Text
We have LOBO loans but none have been re-financed, restructured or terms
I hope this provides the information you were looking for; if there is any
further information that we can provide, please submit a further request.
If you have any queries about this email or if you are unhappy with the
service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a
complaint or request a review of our decision, please contact me.
If you are not content with the subsequent outcome of your complaint, you
may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision.
Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the
Councils complaints procedure. The Information Commissioner can be
contacted at: The Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water
Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
For future reference, all Freedom of Information requests can now be
submitted via the link below.
Corporate Admin Supervisor
Mae’r Cyngor yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg, Saesneg neu yn y ddwy
iaith. Byddwn yn cyfathrebu â chi yn ôl eich dewis. Ni fydd gohebu yn
Gymraeg yn arwain at oedi.
The Council welcomes correspondence in English or Welsh or both, and will
respond to you according to your preference. Corresponding in Welsh will
not lead to delay.
This email contains information intended for the addressee only and may be
confidential, the subject of legal or professional privilege, or be
otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose,
distribute or copy the email to any other party. This email and any
attached file are the property of Newport City Council.
When you email Newport City Council, you consent to the Council monitoring
and reading any such emails for the purposes of security and legislative
compliance. For the full disclaimer please access
Mae'r e-bost hwn yn cynnwys gwybodaeth y bwriedir ar gyfer y derbynnydd yn
unig a gall fod yn gyfrinachol, yn destun ragorfraint gyfreithiol neu
broffesiynol, neu fel arall wedi’i diogelu rhag cael ei rhyddhau. Os nad
chi yw derbynnydd bwriadedig y neges hon, a fyddech cystal â rhoi gwybod
i'r anfonwr ar unwaith a pheidio â datgelu, dosbarthu neu gopïo’r e-bost i
unrhyw barti arall. Mae’r e-bost hon ac unrhyw ffeiliau atodedig yn eiddo
i Gyngor Dinas Casnewydd.
Pan fyddwch yn anfon e-bost at Gyngor Dinas Casnewydd, rydych yn cydsynio
i’r Cyngor fonitro a darllen unrhyw e-byst o’r fath at ddibenion
cydymffurfio â diogelwch ac â deddfwriaeth. I weld yr ymwadiad llawn ewch
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now