Residential Support Worker information

Carl Tinker made this Freedom of Information request to Bury Metropolitan Borough Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Bury Borough Council,

I am gathering employment and local demographic data in relation to the local health & social care market place. It is with this mind that I hope you can supply the required information for the following job Category:
Residential Support Worker

If possible could this information please be presented for the year Jan 2010 - Dec 2010, showing both the annual total and monthly breakdown.

1.Total Number of staff Directly employed across the council per job type, by department
2.Number of temporary agency staff on placement within the council per job type, by department and by supplier
3.Total Number of permanent jobs filled/resourced through recruitment agencies
4.Total Spend on direct employment across the council per job type, by department
5.Total Spend on Temporary agency labour across the council, per job type, per department and by supplier
6.Total spend on Permanent fees paid to Agencies
7.Average Salary for each job role above based on results from 2010 for direct staff and agency staff

1.I would like the information in electronic format (and if possible, in Excel to assist with calculations). This should avoid any printing cost issues.
2.Could you please indicate which directorate as well as department.

Your assistance with this request is greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully

Carl Tinker

Wade, Gerrard, Bury Metropolitan Borough Council

Dear Mr. Tinkler, could you confirm exactly what you mean by 'residential
support worker' - i.e. - by 'residential' do you mean permanent
residential care homes, or staff you help people with disabilities to live
in their own homes (in which case they are not 'residential')? Similarly
I'm not sure what you mean by 'support worker' in this context - we will
have 'care assistants' in our care homes, but they are not really 'support
workers' as such.


Gerrard Wade
Head of Finance, Adult Care Services

show quoted sections

Dear Gerrard,
As per your request for clarification above, please note the following:

We are looking for the information for people working
-in permanent residential care homes AND
- who offer help to people with disabilities to help them live in their own homes

As for the catergory of employee, we would like the information of the care assistants who work in both of the settings listed above.

I hope this has helped to clarify my request.

Please do not hesistate to contact me with any firther issues.

Yours sincerely,

Carl Tinker

Dear Gerrard,

I initially requested information regarding residential support workers on 7th June 2011. You asked for clarification on some points on the 9th June 2011, which i promptly provided the same day. However since this time I have heard nothing further from yourself / Bury council.

Please could you respond with the requested information as a matter of urgency.This is because it has been over three months since the initial request (which is well over the limit you are required to respond within, by law).

Yours faithfully,

Carl Tinker

Wade, Gerrard, Bury Metropolitan Borough Council

1 Attachment

Please find attached responses to your questions.

show quoted sections