I am seeking information about research funding and consultancy fees your college receives.
1. What is the total amount, in pounds sterling, that you have received in research funding from the companies below in the last five financial years. Details should be broken down for each company, year-by-year for the last five financial years.
BAE Systems, Raytheon, Airbus, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell.
2. The total amount, in pounds sterling, that you have has received in the form of industrial consultancy and industrial research fees from these companies in the last five financial years. Details should be broken down for each company, year-by-year for the last five financial years.
Dear R Vidal,
Did you really mean to send this enquiry to King's College Cambridge (and not King's College London?) Our research funding isn't on that scale but I'll check with our Bursary if you require it.
Cambridge CB2 1ST
Tel: 01223 331444
FAX: 01223 331891
Thank you for your reply. Yes, please. I also have the following additional questions.
1. What is the latest available value of your college’s directly-held investment in shares or bonds of the following companies: BAE Systems, Raytheon, Airbus, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell.
2. What was the value of these holdings a year before the most recent valuation given above, or at the most recent previous valuation?
3. What dividend income and/or bond yield did the college receive from these investments in the last 12-month period for which records are available?
4. Does your college have any other investments in these companies via pooled investments? What is the value and dividend income from these investments?
Dear R Vidal,
This is in reply to your enquiry received by the College on 29 March and 3
April (renumbered below to avoid confusion) made under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 (FOIA). I can confirm that the College does hold some
information related to your request. The information as held by the
Questions 1-5: Zero.
Question 6. Does your college have any other investments in these
companies via pooled investments? What is the value and dividend income
from these investments?
Answer: Yes. Less than 1% of our portfolio is exposed to these companies
all together. The information as held by the College is the value of the
indirect exposure to (and % yield from) the stated companies. As of March
31, 2019 the figures are: BAE: £268,073 (4.4%); Raytheon: £68,798 (2.1%);
Airbus: £90,521 (1.4%); Northrop Grumman: £52,750 (1.7%); Lockheed Martin:
£80,206 (2.9%); Honeywell: £139,338 (2.0%).
The College publishes its accounts at
http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/about/account.... They might answer
general questions about the College portfolio. If you have further
questions please ask me in the first instance. I attach a leaflet
outlining the College's FOI Act policies and procedures. If, after
following those procedures you are still not satisfied with the way in
which your request has been dealt with you may apply directly to the
Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the Commissioner will
not entertain your complaint unless you have exhausted any relevant
internal review procedures.
Freedom of Information Officer
King’s College, Cambridge
Cambridge CB2 1ST
Email: [King's College, Cambridge request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now