Request to IP&C and Domestic Services - Enhanced Disinfection Methods to Eliminate HAIs in Theatres, Clinical Areas and Wards
Dear Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust,
Under the freedom of information act 2000, I am writing to obtain the following details:
1. What process/products do you use for disinfection/decontamination additional to a manual cleaning programme, for instance for a terminal clean or an outbreak?
2. Do you use Hydrogen Peroxide Vapour (HPV Fogging) or Ultraviolet (UVC) for decontamination?
3. What companies do you use and how many units do you have in operation for both HPV and UVC?
4. Is the equipment operated by NHS staff, or by an outsourced Contract Cleaning Company? If the latter, who is the contractor?
5. Were these systems purchased via a tender or mini competition?
6. Were these systems purchased through a framework agreement or direct sale?
7. Were these systems purchased outright, or via a lease rental package?
8. What were the costs of the systems when new?
9. Who is your current supplier and are you under contract?
10. What is the annual value of this contract, including consumables, extended warranties and maintenance agreements?
11. What is the start and end date of the contract?
12. Do you use a managed service in addition to your own operation?
13. Could you provide me with the contact details (email and telephone number) for the person/s responsible for the fields below?
• Infection Prevention and Control
• Estates & Facilities / Domestics
Many thanks in advance and your prompt response would be appreciated.
Thank you for your request for information. We will respond as soon as possible.
Corporate HQ Administration Team
2nd Floor, Fitzwilliam House, Skimped Hill Lane, Bracknell RG12 1BQ
Please find attached our response to your Freedom of Information request.
Freedom of Information Officer/ Executive Assistant
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now