Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
Appendix 5 in the (I believe) current Guidance V 24 is the "Access to Work Review of Decision - AtW Decision Making Escalation Process".
Appendix 5 identifies the situation this procedure is meant to address narrowly as that of a “Customer not satisfied with Access to Work Decision”, with escalation if the “Customer still not satisfied”, up to and including ICE.
It does not mention that it is applicable for general complaints (for example, about delays in responding, incorrect information, etc.) nor provides the information expected in a normal complaints procedure.
1) Please can you send me all guidance, any written information and a summary of any training for staff, relevant to the complaints procedure and processes, including but not limited to:
• Identifying complaints.
• Complaints logging.
• Complaints correspondence and resolution timescales.
• Staff and/or departments with specific complaints handling responsibilities.
• Complaints handling training.
• Complaints policies and procedures.
2) In the AtW new structure, initial customer contact with AtW is through a call centre.
Please can you confirm that the call centre staff are covered by the same policies, procedures, and training as asked in 1) above.
If not, please can you send me the same information as requested in 1) above, as pertains to call centre staff.
3) Can you also please send me a copy of the complaints procedure, and any guidance on complaining, that you make available for AtW customers.
Can you also send me samples of any standard wording used in AtW correspondence with customers informing them how to complain if they want to.
I have checked previous FoI requests and responses on whatdotheyknow.com, and this information is not provided in any of those. I have also searched the DWP website, and the information is not available there.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
Dear DWP freedom-of-information-requests,
I have not had a reply back to my FoI request concerning ATW's complaints procedure within the 20 days as required.
Please can you send the information requested promptly.
Good afternoon Mr Townsend-Handscomb,
Please find attached the reply to your recent Freedom of Information
request reference number 3293 and associated attachments; we apologise for
the delay in our response:
DWP Freedom of Information Team