Dear Lyons Hall School, Braintree,
Would you please share the following information regarding applications in the previous academic year:
- number of applications received where Lyons Hall was the nearest school to the applicant home address?
- number of applications rejected where Lyons Hall was the nearest school to the applicant home address?
(If nearest school is hard to determine for the purposes of the FOI request, for the sake of simplicity, applications from the following street addresses can be deemed to be nearest to Lyons Hall). Please do not share information for each street, rather just the total numbers.
Dear Mr Carr
With reference to your FOI request of 4 September 2017. Our replies are
· The number of applications that Lyons Hall School received from
Essex County Council for the EY intake starting September 2017 (all
preferences) was 300 this information was passed to Lyons Hall on 14
· Our published admission number for this intake was 90 children.
· All the road names detailed in your email are within the
catchment area surrounding the school.
· On 5 April 2017 Lyons Hall received the list of 90 children who
ECC had offered out to.
· In 2017 the last child admitted was under criterion 4:
· Our Admission Policy is as follows:
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority
In the event of oversubscription places will be allocated using the
following criteria in the order. given:
1) Looked After Children and previously looked after children (as
defined on page 14 of the Primary Education in Essex 2017/2018 booklet);
2) Children with a sibling attending the school;
3) Children living in the priority admission area;
4) Remaining applications;
In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria,
priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school,
those living closest being given the highest priority.
Exceptional medical circumstances (supported by medical evidence) may
override the above (other than Looked After Children and previously
looked after children).
Waiting list held until: end of autumn term
Mr A D Smith - Headteacher