I write to ask if the MOD is the relevant department which holds
information on Reinstatement Committees ("RC") constituted under
section 8, and Umpires and Assessors under section 9 of the Reseve
Forces (Safeguard of Employment) Act 1985?
If so, would you be able to provide the following information:
(1) Statistics for the years in which they are held relating to:
(i) The number of applications made under sections 3 or 7 of the 1985 Act as the case may be,
(ii) the number of cases determined at a hearing or otherwise,
(iii) in the case of applications under section 3 whether or not reinstatement was ordered under section 8 (2) (a) in decided cases, and
(iv)in all decided cases whether or not an order was made under section 8 (2) (b);
(2) The number of oral hearings for the years in which figures are held;
(3) The number of, and locations where, RCs holds oral hearings;
(4) Who has been appointed to the various positions in schedule 2 to the 1985 Act;
(5) How appointments under schedule 2 are made and advertised (if appropriate);
(6) Where decisions made by either the RC or Umpires are available from and the process by which they may be obtained.
If the MOD is not the responsible department for this information,I would be very grateful if you were able to inform me which is the
I look forward to hearing from you
Dear Mr Jackson,
Please find attached response to your FOI request of 8 August.
Defence Personnel Secretariat.