Dear Gravesham Borough Council,
My request relates to your FOIA response here:
'RIPA records for activities by any of the above mentioned organisations would be held by the organisation that made the request for authorisation. In the event of Gravesham Borough Council being asked to assist, the authorisation would need to come from the investigating authority of whom the Council is acting on behalf.'
1. Please provide the number of times you have been asked to assist organisations exercising RIPA 2000 powers during 2017/18. Please specify the number of times each organisation identified was assisted.
2. Please provide the amount of money you spent in assisting organisations exercise their RIPA powers during 2017/18.
3. Please provide details of any equipment or technology you purchased during 2017/18 to assist you in carrying out work under RIPA 2000. Please specify your total spend on RIPA 2000 related activities.
4. Please provide copies of any standard forms you use in the process of assisting an organisation under RIPA 2000.
5. If you have conducted any covert surveillance of individuals under any other statutory power(s) other that RIPA 2000, please specify thelegislation concerned and the number of individuals surveilled during 2017/18.
Thank you for contacting Gravesham Borough Council.
Please note that we have a Shared Information Governance Team between Gravesham Borough Council and Medway Council with effect from 1st April 2018. Your email has been forwarded on to the Shared Information Governance Team.
This is an automated response to acknowledge your email has been received. If this is an initial request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or Environmental Information Regulations 2004, you can expect to receive a response within 20 working days.
If your email relates to a current request for information, your email will be forwarded to the relevant case officer.
Should your email be because you are dissatisfied with the way we have processed your request the Council has an internal review process and your email will be forwarded to the Information Governance section for review, you should receive a response within 20 working days.
If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioners' Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Please see attached Gravesham Borough Council's response to your Freedom of Information Request.
This Email, and any attachments, may contain Protected or Restricted information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contains sensitive or protectively marked material and should be handled accordingly. Nothing in this email message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of Medway Council and Gravesham Borough Council. If this Email has been misdirected, please notify the author immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on any of the information contained in it or attached, and all copies must be deleted immediately.Whilst we take reasonable steps to try to identify any software viruses, any attachments to this Email may nevertheless contain viruses which our anti-virus software has failed to identify. You should therefore carry out your own anti-virus checks before opening any documents. Medway Council and Gravesham Borough Council will not accept any liability for damage caused by computer viruses emanating from any attachment or other document supplied with this e-mail. All Medway Council and Gravesham Borough Council and PSN traffic may be subject to recording and / or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.
Our Ref: DocumentOwner\GFOI005965\DocumentRef
Thank you for your swift response.
"Your request clearly states it is relation to another response and as such when you have quoted ‘organisations’ I have limited this to MI5/MI6/GCHQ/MOD, as per the original request."
I should have been clearer. When I used the word 'organisations' my intention was not to to use the term in the restricted sense of your reasonable interpretation. Please consider the word in its broadest sense.