Dear Havering College of Further and Higher Education,
1. I would like to know your policies and procedures to protect students from other students that have had a brush with the law (criminal record etc.), risk or known risk to other children or previously expelled from other schools or colleges
2. Please tell me the age range you enrol students. For the remainder of the request please breakdown statistics in two categories, up to age of 17, and 18 and over.
3. Please tell me the enrolment process and written policy for children that are
a) Considered vulnerable (mental health issues etc.) or registered disabled?
b) Been in trouble with the law at any age prior to initial enrolment?
c) Have autism, Asperger’s or ADHD
4. Do the answers of Q3 change in relation to age (i.e. different policy when the child reaches18) if so I would like to know what they are.
5. What is your policy and procedures on bullying (verbal or violent) of another student by a student that has a criminal record, risk or known risk to other children or previously expelled from other schools or colleges. Please tell me if the policy changes due to age of student.
6. How long do preliminary checks take on students to ensure safety of other students prior to enrolment? Please list what checks are undertaken.
7. With regards to students that have a criminal record risk or known risk to other children or previously expelled from other schools or colleges:-
a) Can these children apply and enrol themselves for courses, if so how many have enrolled themselves in the last two years? How many children have been rejected / accepted to attend your college. At what age range do they need a parent or guardian to sign any college forms such as applications?
b) Do the students have to declare to the college that they are known offenders etc. prior to enrolment? If so, how many have disclosed / failed to disclose any previous criminal history or suspension to your college?
c) Does the application to enrol have to be through outside agencies, if so please list all agencies that have made referrals to you college within the last two years, itemising number of students per agency and applications accepted / rejected to attend your college (please supply data for 2 years)
d) If enrolment has to be through outside agencies, or the outside agency has made the application does the agency have a legal obligation to declare that the student, for example, is known to any agency such as the police?
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now