Dear Department for Transport,
The swing bridge over the River Weaver at Acton bridge was repaired in the first half of 2017. Since then, there has been a "temporary" speed restriction over the bridge.
1) why is the speed restriction in force?
2) what steps are being taken to enable it to be lifted?
3) when will the restrictions be lifted?
4) which organisation is responsible to the taxpayer for setting the standards to which such work should be done?
5) which organisation is responsible to the taxpayer for monitoring and enforcing those standards?
Dear Mr Ingram
Thank you for your email.
I have been informed that the particular road in question falls under the
remit of Cheshire West and Cheshire Council. You request for information
should therefore be re-directed to the council via the following link:
[IMG] Deepak Patel
Freedom of Information Adviser, Group Assurance
4/32, Great Minster House
33 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 4DR
Follow us on twitter @transportgovuk
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now