Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible.
My request is for information regarding the listenership of BBC Radio One and how listenership levels affect your organisation. In recent years there has been a dip in the listenership levels of BBC Radio One, according to RAJAR. I am writing to acquire information regarding your company’s reaction to this drop in listeners. Please could you outline to me, in as much detail as possible, the following information:
• The listenership figures, according to RAJAR, for BBC Radio One in the last twenty years (1994 – 2014), both annually and quarterly.
• The target demographic of BBC Radio One listeners.
• The actual demographic of BBC Radio One listeners.
• The annual marketing budget of BBC Radio One for the past twenty years (1994 – 2014).
• A list of all marketing strategies employed by BBC Radio One in the past five years (2009 – 2014) and the individual cost of each strategy.
• In-depth details of all marketing strategies employed by BBC Radio One in the past five years (2009 – 2014).
• A list of all promotional activity carried out by BBC Radio One in the past five years (2009 – 2014) and the individual cost of each promotion.
• In depth details of all promotions carried out by BBC Radio One in the past five years (2009 – 2014).
• Any changes to staffing at BBC Radio One (including, but not exclusive to presenters) as a result of listenership in the past 5 years (2009 – 2014)
• Any changes in the structure of the BBC Radio One playlist in the past 5 years (2009 – 2014) in reaction to a rise of fall of listeners figures.
I would be interested in any information held by your organisation regarding my request. I understand that I do not have to specify particular files or documents and that it is the department’s responsibility to provide the information I require. If you need further clarification, please contact me by e-mail.
I would like to receive the information electronically by e-mail.
If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify
all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the act. I will also expect you to release all non-exempt material. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive fees.
I would be grateful if you could confirm by email that you have
received this request. I look forward to your response within 20
working days, as outlined by the statute.
Dear Ms Johnson
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, as detailed in your email below. Your request was received on 8th August 2014. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.
The reference number for your request is RFI20141286
The Information Policy & Compliance Team
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 B6, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: [BBC request email]
Tel: 020 8008 2882
Dear Ms Johnson,
Please find attached the response to your request for information, reference RFI20141286.
The Information Policy and Compliance Team
BBC Information Policy and Compliance
BC2B6, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP, UK
Email: mailto:[BBC request email]
Tel: 020 8008 2882
Fax: 020 8008 2398