RE: Tilford Road, Hindhead

Michaela Leary made this Environmental Information Regulations request to South East Water
You only have a right in law to access information about the environment from this authority

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear South East Water,

Please could you confirm the dates of the roadwork's carried out by yourselves on Tilford Road, Hindhead from August until October 2016?

Yours faithfully,

Michaela Leary

Gould, Caroline, South East Water

Dear Ms Leary


Re: Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (“the Regulations”)


Thank you for your request for information about streetworks which we
received on 1^st August 2017. We are dealing with this as a request for
information under the Regulations.


As a reminder, you requested that we confirm the dates of the roadwork's
carried out on Tilford Road, Hindhead from August until October 2016.


To cover the work involved in supplying the information which you have
requested, a fee will be payable before we can provide you with the


We estimate that it will take us approximately 5-10 minutes to collate the
information requested. Under the Regulations we can charge a reasonable
fee for provision of information; you may find out more about this in our
charging schedule, available on our website at:


The fee in this case would be £2 and we normally charge for every request
made to be fair to all those requesting information. However as our
response has been so delayed, we will agree to waive this fee.


South East Water’s Response


In accordance with the Regulations, South East Water has a duty to people
requesting information to make ‘Environmental Information’ available,
unless one of the exemptions apply. I would remind you that we only have a
duty to make the information available and not to interpret any of the


For ease of reference I set out the definition of Environmental
Information in the Regulations:


“Environmental information” means any information in written, visual,
aural, electronic or any other material form on—

(a) the state of the elements of the environment, such as air and
atmosphere, water, soil, land, landscape and natural sites including
wetlands, coastal and marine areas, biological diversity and its
components, including genetically modified organisms, and the interaction
among these elements;

(b) factors, such as substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste,
including radioactive waste, emissions, discharges and other releases into
the environment, affecting or likely to affect the elements of the
environment referred to in (a);

(c) measures (including administrative measures), such as policies,
legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements, and activities
affecting or likely to affect the elements and factors referred to in (a)
and (b) as well as measures or activities designed to protect those

(d) reports on the implementation of environmental legislation;

(e) cost-benefit and other economic analyses and assumptions used within
the framework of the measures and activities referred to in (c); and

(f) the state of human health and safety, including the contamination of
the food chain, where relevant, conditions of human life, cultural sites
and built structures inasmuch as they are or may be affected by the state
of the elements of the environment referred to in (a) or, through those
elements, by any of the matters referred to in (b) and (c).


I have looked at your question and considered (i) whether the information
requested is Environmental Information as defined above; and (ii) if it
is, whether any exemption applies or whether it can be disclosed.   


In this instance we are happy to provide the information requested and can
confirm that the works at Tilford Road ran from 22^nd August to 7^th
October 2017.




As mentioned above we are waiving the fee as we did not ask you to pay
this promptly.


Further queries


I trust that the information asked for is clear. Should you have any
questions please contact me by email at
[2][email address]. If you are dissatisfied with the
handling of your request you have the right to ask for an internal review.
Internal review requests should be submitted within 6 months of the date
of receipt of this response and should be addressed to the Head of Legal,
Nicolas Truillet at [3][email address].


If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the internal review you can
apply without charge, to the Information Commissioner, who will consider
whether we have complied with our obligations under the Regulations and
can require us to remedy any problems. You can find out more about this
and about the Regulations in general on the Information Commissioner’s
website [4] Complaints to the Information Commissioner can
be made via the “report a concern” section of the Information
Commissioner’s website.


Yours sincerely


Caroline Gould

Solicitor and Data Protection Officer

[5][email address] / [6]

[7]Facebook Logo [8]Twitter Logo  [9]LinkedIn Logo

[10]South East Water Logo       [11]Pure Knowhow Logo

South East Water, Rocfort Road, Snodland, Kent, ME6 5AH