Re-entry bans and willingness to re-pay Home Office assistance

The request was successful.

Dear Home Office,

If someone is subject to a two-year re-entry ban e.g., because they departed the UK at the Home Office's expense albeit within six months of their liability for removal, and they are willing to re-pay the Home Office whatever financial assistance had been given, is there any mechanism by which the two-year ban can then be relaxed into the 12-month one instead?

Yours faithfully,

Eugene Daniel

FOI Requests, Home Office

Thank you for contacting the Home Office  Freedom of Information Requests

This is to acknowledge  receipt of your email.

show quoted sections

FOI Requests, Home Office

Dear Eugene Daniel,

Thank you for contacting the Home Office with your request.

This has been assigned to a caseworker (case ref 76192). We will aim to send you a full response by 07/06/2023 which is twenty working days from the date we received your request.

Kind Regards,

M Ennis
Home Office

show quoted sections

FOI Responses, Home Office

1 Attachment

Dear Eugene Daniel



Please find enclosed response to your Freedom of Information Request.




Yours sincerely



Rapid Response Team

Migration and Borders Group

show quoted sections