Rate Relief

Mr Roch made this Freedom of Information request to Caerphilly County Borough Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Caerphilly County Borough Council,

Please could you supply a list of Sports and Recreational Clubs that receive business rate relief, and the percentage value of that relief.

Yours faithfully,

Craig Roch

WWW: FOI, Caerphilly County Borough Council

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Roch,




Thank you for your request for information, which we received on 1^st
November 2017. This e-mail is intended to acknowledge your request, and we
will respond to your request in a separate e-mail.


Most information requests are dealt with under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000.  However environmental information is considered for disclosure
under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.  If the information
you have requested is personal information about yourself, we must
consider disclosure under the Data Protection Act 1998.  If this is the
case we will provide you with a subject access request form for completion
and notify you of relevant timescales and fees.


We will transfer the request to the correct legislation automatically, as
required by the Freedom of Information Act.  For further information on
how we will deal with your request, please see the table below.


If you have any queries or concerns then please contact us.


Yours sincerely,


Beverley Griffiths

Information Officer


  Freedom of Information Act 2000 &

Environmental Information Regulations 2004


We will consider the following points in dealing with your request for


|Timescales for |We will consider your request and you should |
|responding to you |receive the information within the statutory |
| |timescale of 20 working days, unless the |
| |information is not held or is exempt from |
| |disclosure. Both the Freedom of Information Act |
| |and the Environmental Information Regulations |
| |allow this timescale to be extended in certain |
| |circumstances.  If your request is affected by a |
| |timescale extension we will explain this to you. |
|Third Party |If the information you request contains reference|
|Information |to a third party they may be consulted prior to a|
| |decision being taken on whether we disclose the |
| |information to you.  We will tell you if this is |
| |the case. |
|Format of Information |We will try to respond in the format that you |
|provided |have requested.  If this is not possible we will |
| |let you know.  If you require alternative |
| |formats, e.g. language, audio, braille, large |
| |print, etc. then please let us know. |
|Exemptions |The Freedom of Information Act and the |
| |Environmental Information Regulations 2004 define|
| |a number of exemptions, which may prevent release|
| |of the information you have requested.  Before we|
| |provide the information we will consider whether |
| |it is proper to release it.  If any of the |
| |exemption categories do apply then the |
| |information will not be released.  We will tell |
| |you if this is the case, and you will have a |
| |right of appeal. |
|Fees |You may have to pay a fee for this information |
| |under the Freedom of Information and Data |
| |Protection (Appropriate Limits and Fees |
| |Regulations) 2004.  We will consider this and let|
| |you know.  If so you will have to pay the fee |
| |before we process and release the information.  |
| |The 20 working day time limit for responding will|
| |not resume until we receive your payment. |
|You have the right to |If you wish to |If you are unhappy with that|
|appeal against our |appeal please set |decision you have the right |
|decision. |out in writing your |to appeal to: |
| |grounds of appeal | |
|  |and send to: |Information Commissioner's |
| | |Office - Wales, |
|Freedom of Information|Corporate | |
|Act 2000 / |Information |2nd Floor, |
|Environmental |Governance Unit | |
|Information |Caerphilly county |Churchill House, |
|Regulations 2004 |borough council, | |
| |Penallta House, |Churchill Way, |
| |Tredomen Park, | |
| |Ystrad Mynach, |Cardiff. CF10 2HH |
| |Hengoed. CF82 7PG | |
| | |  |
| |Appeals will be | |
| |determined by an |Website: [1]www.ico.org.uk |
| |appropriate senior | |
| |officer. |Telephone: 029 2067 8400 |
| | | |
| | |Email: [2][email address] |
| | | |
| | |  |




WWW: FOI, Caerphilly County Borough Council

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Roch
Thank you for your request for information received on 1st November 2017.
We have considered your request and enclose a spreadsheet detailing the
information requested.
We supply this information based on your original request.  If this is not
what you wanted or if you feel we have not fully understood your request
please do not hesitate to contact me to clarify your exact requirements.
If you have any queries or concerns or are in any way dissatisfied with
the handling of your request please contact [1][Caerphilly County Borough Council request email].
Yours sincerely
Senior Council Tax & Non-Domestic Rate Officer

Freedom of Information Act 2000 / Environmental Information Regulations
You have the right to appeal against our decision.

If you wish to appeal please set If you are unhappy with that decision you
out in writing your grounds of have the right to appeal to:
appeal and send to:  
Corporate Information Governance Information Commissioner’s Office –
Unit Wales
Caerphilly county borough 2nd Floor, Churchill House
council, Churchill Way
Penallta House Cardiff CF10 2HH
Tredomen Park  
Hengoed. CF82 7PG Tel: 029 2067 8400
  Fax: 029 2067 8399
Appeals will be determined by an Email: [2][email address]
appropriate senior officer. Website: [3]www.ico.org.uk

Re-use of information without permission may infringe the Copyright,
Designs and Patents Act 1988. Re-use can include, but is not limited to,
making multiple copies, publishing and issuing copies of the information
to a wider audience. If you would like to re-use copyright material owned
by Caerphilly County Borough Council, please contact us. Authorisation to
re-use copyright material not owned by this Authority should be sought
directly from the copyright owner.

show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site AskTheEU.org . Find out more .