Dear British Broadcasting Corporation,
I am writing to you in relation to your openly discriminatory employment strategy and also your response to my original request.
Original request: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/3...
Your Stratergy: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/diversity/pdf...
You have given a completely different response than the document says in the below questions
1. "Do you activly advertise for candidates in areas where you aim to fill quotas? (E.g. Ethnic community
papers, disabled groups, lgbt websites)?" for this you stated that "In accordance with UK law the BBC does not have employment quotas. In accordance with Equality Act 2010 the
BBC has not adopted any policies or practice which routinely favour candidates with a certain protected
characteristic, even where there is evidence of under-representation or disadvantage." which directly contradicts your document "And we will continue to work with a range of
PARTNERS outside the broadcasting industry, to
help bring people from diverse backgrounds to
the BBC. Our collaborations with organisations
such as Creative Access, Jobcentres across the UK,
Mama Youth, Stephen Lawrence, Business Disability
Forum and Employability are helping us to develop
a pool of diverse talent that can be considered for
specific roles across the BBC. We will also seek to
establish new partnerships with organisations that
can help us make a difference."
Please explain how these 2 statements can contradict each other?
2. You stated "In accordance with UK law the BBC does not have employment quotas."
below are quotas explained in YOUR OWN DOCUMENT page 22 of provided pdf 2017 vs 2020
Women on screen, on-air and in lead roles n/a 50%
Disability on screen and in some lead roles 5% 8%
Black, Asian and ethnic minorities on screen,
on-air and in lead roles 15%*** 15%
LGBT on screen and in some lead roles n/a 8%
please explain the above quotas?
3. My original request asked this same question that I will now ask again, do you plan on removing these sexist, hetrosexist and racist quotas?
4. Will you kindly consider giving every individual an equal chance no matter the group they are in (e.g. race, gender) so racism, sexism and similar can end?
5. Will the bbc admit wrongdoing?
6. Will the bbc review employment since these quotas have came into force and possibly re interview for jobs allowing for candidates to have an equal chance?
7. Will the person who brang these quotas into place consider resignation?
Dear Mr Granton,
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, as detailed in your email below. Your request was received on 19 March 2017. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.
The reference number for your request is RFI20170435.
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 B6, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: [BBC request email]
Tel: 020 8008 2882
Dear Mr Granton,
Please find attached the response to your request for information,
BBC Information Policy and Compliance
Room BC2 A4
Email: mailto:[BBC request email]
Description: Description: \\BBCFS2025\UserData$\myrien01\Documents\My
2. mailto:[BBC request email]