Dear Staffordshire County Council,
1. How many children aged 18 and under are currently identifying as transgender in your area of authority or local Clinical Commissioning Group? Please split the data by sex (M to F, F to M).
2. What number and proportion of children aged 18 and under in your area of authority or local Clinical Commissioning Group identifying as transgender also have a diagnosis of ASD or ADHD?
3. Do you (or the relevant local Clinical Commissioning Group) provide guidance to children, or to schools or other organisations on supporting children who identify as transgender? May I ask you to provide copy of any guidance/advice/support that is supplied and/or available.
4. What support pathways for children who identify as transgender exist, either within your area of authority or local clinical commissioning group?
I look forward to your response.
Dear Terence Stock,
Thank you for your request for information received by Staffordshire
County Council on 24/07/2020.
Your request is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 and will be answered within twenty working days.
During the current situation we will try to meet the statutory deadlines
for processing access to information requests. However, it is likely that
resources, whether they are finances or people, may be diverted away from
access to information work to deal with priority public services.
Please be patient if you experience delays when making information rights
requests during the pandemic. Where practicable, we will try to notify you
if there is likely to be a delay in being able to provide the information
you have requested.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact us.
Please remember to quote the case reference number above in any future
Dear Terence Stock
Thank you for your request for information.
Please find information provided by the relevant service team(s) below.
1. Information not held
2. Information not held. We would only hold data for children in receipt of services. However, to locate, identify, extract and collate data from our case work reords would require a search of over 20,000 individual children's records, taking an estimated average of 10 minutes per record. As this would take in excess of the appropriate cost/time limit this is exempt under section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act. Unfortunately, we are unable to suggest a way of limiting your request in such a way as to provide meaningful data.
3 and 3. Information about guidance and support networks is available online networks on the Staffordshire Connects web pages - https://www.staffordshireconnects.info/k...
If you have any comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority you should contact us in the first instance. Send your comment or complaint to:
Access Manager, Access Team, Staffordshire County Council, 2 Staffordshire Place, Stafford ST16 2DH or email [email address]
If you then have any further comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority, please contact the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Staffordshire County Council
1 Staffordshire Place
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now