Quality Improvement Capability
Andrea Gibbons made this Freedom of Information request to Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
I am the lead for the national Evidence 4 Quality Improvement 'Q Exchange' project (see https://q.health.org.uk/idea/2019/eviden...).
We believe that there is no current comprehensive mapping available nationwide of quality improvement capability across the NHS. This request is to enable us to create this and fill this 'gap' in our collective knowledge. The output will be made freely available. The purpose of this request is not to create work and therefore approximate figures or responses are welcome.
We would like to know, please:
1. What the name of the department(s) is that provides improvement, service improvement, quality improvement, continuous improvement or internal consultancy services to your organisation?
2. The job title(s) for the manager or executive responsible for quality improvement work in your organisation.
3. The name(s) of any formal improvement methodology or approach (eg Kaizen, Lean, Model for Improvement, Virginia Mason etc) that your organisation uses for quality improvement, continuous improvement, service improvement or internal consultancy projects. If it has been internally developed, please share any external approaches it has been based on.
4. The details of any awards or external recognition that your organisation has received for quality improvement projects / work in the last 3 years.
5. The approximate staff Full Time Equivalent (FTE) inside the team(s) identified in the answer to question 1 and the job titles of staff within those teams.
6. The approximate staff Full Time Equivalent (FTE) outside of the team(s) identified in the answer to question 1 but with a proportion of their time formally allocated to service improvement, quality improvement, continuous improvement or internal consultancy, and the name of the department(s) or teams which these staff work in.
7. The approximate total budget that your organisation has allocated to quality improvement in each of the last 3 years (financial or calendar years - whichever is easiest).
8. The approximate number of staff trained in quality improvement in each of the last 3 years (financial or calendar years - whichever is easiest).
Your email request for information under the Freedom of Information Act
2000 is acknowledged.
We will endeavour to ensure that you receive a response to your FOI
request within 20 working days from receipt however given the current
pandemic from COVID-19 NHS resources are being targeted appropriately to
focus on this. This includes the Trust FOI Manager being partly redeployed
to other duties due to the pandemic. There will also be the absence of
staff who will be off sick or self-isolating on various occasions, so
please bear with us.
If your query relates to a subject access/medical records request please
contact the medical records department at: [email address].
If your query relates to any other personal information/Data Protection
Act matters please contact the Information Governance Manager at:
If your query does not relate to the Freedom of Information Act or Data
Protection Act please contact the Communications Department at:
Dear Ms Gibbons,
The exact same request was sent twice by you from two different sources so this has been responded to at the other email address.
Trust FOI Manager
Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
Orchard House, St Ann’s Hospital, London N15 3TH
Email: [Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now