Public sector pay inequality - all non-London councils
To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) to request information pertaining to public sector pay inequality. The following are a list of questions that I would like a response on;
• How many persons does your council employ?
• How many council employees are employed as apprentices, and how much is their pay per hour?
• How many council employees are employed on a salary equal or less than a full-time equivalent of £14,942.20 per year?
• How many council employees are employed on a salary equal to or less than a full-time equivalent of £16,380 (in London £19,201) per year?
• How many council employees are employed on a salary equal to or less than a full-time equivalent of £29,588 per year?
• How many council employees are employed on a salary equal to or greater than a full-time equivalent of £46,351 per year?
• What are the non-pecuniary benefits or expenses available to stage employed in roles with full-time equivalent salaries equal to or greater than £46,351 per year?
If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined, I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via email and I will be pleased to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
Thank you for your information request which is receiving attention. We
will respond to your request within the 20 working day statutory deadline.
Please do not reply to this auto acknowledgement.
Thank you for your Freedom of Information Request.
The response from Torridge District Council Finance Team is:
- 332 current employees
- 5 employees are employed as apprentices, pay per hour varies depending
on age (range £5.62 per hour to £7.70 per hour)
Salary equal to or less than:
14,942 5 employees
16,380 5 employees
29,588 225 employees
46,351 270 employees
Salary equal to or more than:
46,351 7 employees
We also have employees who are paid on submission of timesheets, and we
have elected members, who are paid for special duties and expenses (55
employees in total)
- non-pecuniary benefits to full time equivalent employees on
salaries greater than £46,351 – there are no specific non monetary
benefits that relate to this group of employees, that don’t apply to the
majority of the workforce. Depending on the role, non monetary benefits
are flexible working hours (flexi time), free car parking at work in work
hours, salary traded leave.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the
right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be
submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your
original request and should be addressed to: Freedom of Information
Officer at Torridge District Council, Riverbank House, Bideford EX39 2QG
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9
With kind regards.
Torridge District Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now