Dear University of Oxford,
Provision of halal meat to students within any catering or retail facility on your campus
I would like to ask if you would kindly provide the following information?
1. Do you serve or sell any meat products to students that has been subject to religious slaughter?
*This may be in (but not limited to) communal dining rooms, within halls of residence, restaurants, cafes, shops, student union facilities or any other food outlet within your campus.
2. Do you serve ONLY religiously slaughtered meat or are alternatives provided on the day for those that wish to abstain?
3. Are the Parents of your students made aware that you are serving religiously slaughtered meat?
4. Are your Students made aware that you are serving religiously slaughtered meat?
5. Is any meat that you serve (regardless of form) that has been religiously slaughtered clearly marked as such (halal, kosher and so forth) at the point of sale or service?
6. And finally, what is your rational serving religiously slaughtered meat?
I wish to thank you for reading and considering my request.
Thank you for your request, which is now being processed. You will receive a response by the statutory deadline of 23rd February.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now