Protocols and policies regarding the care of transgender people
GenderGP made this Freedom of Information request to Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust as part of a batch sent to 202 authorities
Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.
Dear Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust,
My name is Cleo Madeleine, and I'm writing on behalf of the healthcare provider GenderGP.
We're writing regarding the policies, protocols, and guidelines operated by each NHS Trust in relation to the care of transgender people.
We're aware that NHS England Specialised Commissioning is responsible for commissioning specialist gender identity services in England. However, we're interested in what guidelines are in place for the provision of transgender healthcare at primary and secondary care levels.
With this in mind, could you please provide the following:
1) Any equality and/or diversity policies you have in place for patients.
2) Any equality and/or diversity policies you have in place for staff.
3) Any guidelines, protocols, policies, or similar relating to care provision for transgender adults.
4) Any guidelines, protocols, policies, or similar relating to care provision for transgender children and adolescents.
5) Any guidelines, etc. relating to mental capacity and/or informed consent.
6) Any guidelines, etc. relating to shared care agreements and/or working with private services to facilitate treatment, particularly with regards to transgender healthcare.
We understand that this will be more or less relevant depending on the Trust, but please provide as much information as possible. I am happy to answer any questions you might have or provide further clarification.
Cleo Madeleine, on behalf of
Thank you for your request for information. We will respond as soon as possible.
Corporate HQ Administration Team
2nd Floor, Fitzwilliam House, Skimped Hill Lane, Bracknell RG12 1BQ
Please find attached our response to your Freedom of Information request.
Freedom of Information Officer/ Executive Assistant
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now