12th January 2012
Dear Derbyshire Constabulary,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 could you please provide me with the following information regarding your Constabulary's policy concerning the issue of harassment warnings:
1) Are harassment claims investigated in any way before an officer issues a harassment warning against an 'alleged' suspect?
2) Do issued harassment warnings appear on any CRB checks or on the Police National Computer.
3) If the 'suspect' believes a harassment warning to have been issued maliciously by the 'defendant' what right of appeal does the 'defendant' have to expunge it.
4) Typically, in a non-violent, non-threatening scenario, how many harassment warnings are issued before a 'suspect' is arrested?
5) In the past 12 months, how many prosecutions have Derbyshire Police brought against members of the public for harassment.
6) Of the above figure from question 5, how many prosecutions have Derbyshire police brought against members of the public as a result of non-violent, non-threatening harassment.
Dear Derbyshire Constabulary,
I have still received no response from you regarding my original request. As you are fully aware, you are required by law to respond within 30 days of which you have failed.
If I do not receive a reply to my request, then I will pursue the matter via complaint to the Information Commissioner
Dear Mr Willis
Please find attached a copy of the response that was sent to you on 02/02/2012 via email.
Freedom of Information Unit
Derbyshire Constabulary HQ
Butterley Hall, Ripley, DE5 3RS
Tel: 0345 123 3333 ext 700 2279
Email: [Derbyshire Constabulary request email]
PLEASE NOTE: This e-mail message is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged to Derbyshire Constabulary. If you have received it in error, please notify the originator immediately and destroy this email and any attachments. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Derbyshire Constabulary, who accept no legal responsibility for the contents. Please be aware Derbyshire Constabulary monitors all internet e-mail activity and content to maintain system performance and appropriate business usage.
WEBSITE: Join the policing family at Derbyshire Constabulary. We are recruiting Special Constables. For more details visit http://www.derbyshire.police.uk
WARNING: E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, viruses, unauthorised amendments and unforeseen delays. Derbyshire Constabulary scans all e-mail for viruses, but we accept no liability for any damage caused by a virus being transmitted in this email or any other data corruption, interception, unauthorised amendment, delays or the consequences thereof.
Dear Paul Stothard,
Thank you very much for your reply. It was most helpful and I am grateful for the links.
It's a shame to have to resort to legal threats to get an FOI answered, but at least you got there in the end.