Dear Ashford Borough Council,
In my request below, when I mention ‘construction consultancy services’ I am referring to Architectural Services, Civil and Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Clerk of Works, Energy and Sustainability Consultancy, Health & Safety Advisory or Principal Designer services, Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Interior Designer and Building Surveying.
Please could you provide me with responses to the following:
1. How you currently procure construction consultancy services, if via a framework(s) can you list the names of the framework(s) used.
2. The total value spent on construction consultancy services in the past 2 years, broken down by year.
3. The names of the suppliers who provided these services, with a percentage break down of the spend by supplier over the period.
4. How you currently procure building contractor services, if via a framework(s) can you list the names of the framework(s) used.
5. The names of the suppliers who provided these services, with a percentage break down of the spend by supplier over the period.
6. Which suppliers provided these services, with a percentage break down of the value distribution.
7. A copy of your current estates / property plan / strategy (or similar) and the value of your estates/property budget for the next two years.
8. A list of the schemes currently in Planning, pre-planning and consultation.
9. Who is the Ashford Borough Council representative responsible for the procurement of professional services.
Thank you for submitting an Information request.
Your email will be processed by the Freedom of Information and Data
We endeavour to respond to all Freedom of Information / Environmental
Information requests within 20 working days. If we require anything
further from you we will be in touch.
We are a district council which provides services to residents in Ashford,
Tenterden and a large network of surrounding villages.
Our services include keeping the streets clean and collecting rubbish,
renting out social housing (council houses and flats), providing leisure
facilities and play areas and processing council tax, business rates and
housing benefits. We deal with local planning applications, issue licenses
for taxis and licensed premises, look after parks and open spaces, and
parking around our borough.
Please note - services including primary and secondary education, roads,
pavements and street lighting, libraries and adult education, social
services and care, fall outside our service area and are provided by Kent
County Council. If your request falls into one of these categories please
accept this acknowledgment as our response.
You may wish to redirect your request to Kent County Council’s Freedom of
Information team who can be contacted at:
· Email [email address]
· Write to Information Resilience and Transparency Team, Kent
County Council, Room 2.87, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. ME14
If your request relates to any of the above KCC matters but you
nonetheless consider it is within our remit for an exceptional reason
please contact us to discuss the matter further.
Freedom of Information Team
Ashford Borough Council
Data Protection - Ashford Borough Council is the data controller for any
personal information collected during the process of making an information
request. Your information will be used to administrate your request, and
processing is being conducted relying upon the legal obligation placed
upon the council by either the Freedom of Information or Environmental
Information Regulations. Your data may be shared with other departments
within the council for the purpose of responding to your request. We will
not share your information with any third parties unless we are required
or permitted to do so by law. Your information will be retained along with
your request for 4yrs.
For more information about your data protection rights please see the
Council’s data protection pages which can be found at
www.ashford.gov.uk or contact the Data Protection Officer at, The Data
Protection Officer, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane,
Ashford TN23 1PL.
1. mailto:[email address]
Dear Malcolm Knight, Thank you for your recent Freedom of Information
request, please find attached our response. Kind regards Freedom of
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now