Dear Gwynedd Council,
I write to submit an FOI on procurement and would be grateful if you could respond to the following:
1. What was the latest price paid per ream (500 sheets) of standard white copier paper (80 gsm or equivalent)?
2. If the answer to question 1 is not representative of a usual price paid, what is the average price paid per ream of copier paper during financial year 2016/17 and 17/18?
3. How many reams of copy paper were purchased during the 2016/17 and 2017/18 financial years?
4. How many times did your organisation use the National Procurement Service in the last 3 financial years?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Bleddyn ap Dafydd
Bleddyn ap Dafydd
Thank you for your recent request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Your request has been passed to me to process and I can confirm that it has been logged under the reference number T639.
The Council may take up to 20 working days, from the date of receipt, to respond to your request. You should therefore receive the information you have requested, subject to the application of any exemptions permitted under the Act, by 20.11.2018 .
If you require further information please contact me by phone on 01286 679734 or by emailing [email address].cymru by quoting the reference number above.
Freedom of Information (Ref 639)
Thank you for your recent request.
Please see below/attached for the information requested:
1. What was the latest price paid per ream (500 sheets) of standard
white copier paper (80 gsm or equivalent)?
The price of individual items are commercially sensitive, we procure
copier paper via the national procurement service framework
2. If the answer to question 1 is not representative of a usual
price paid, what is the average price paid per ream of copier paper during
financial year 2016/17 and 17/18?
3. How many reams of copy paper were purchased during the 2016/17
and 2017/18 financial years?
We do not monitor the number of reams purchased in a year. We would have
to request this information from our current supplier.
4. How many times did your organisation use the National Procurement
Service in the last 3 financial years?
We use a number of the national procurements services contracts. The
decision to use their frameworks are considered on a case by case basis.
Please note that where information is subject to copyright belonging to
the Council, you will need to obtain the permission of the Council to
re-use it for purposes other than private study or non-commercial
research. The Council may charge for re-use. Where third party copyright
material is disclosed, you must obtain permission to re-use from the
copyright holders concerned.
If you are unhappy with the way the Council has handled your request, you
may ask for an internal review. Please contact me if you require an
internal review of your case. An internal review will be conducted by the
Monitoring Officer or Head of Service and we will aim to respond within 20
working days. However, if we are unable to complete the review by this
date, we will advise you accordingly.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. Please see below for the contact details:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 02920 678400
Email: [email address]
Fax: 02920 678399