Dear Priory Group Limited,
As an organisation providing services and facilities to the public and public authorities, can you provide the following information;
1. From 1st January 2017 to 31st December 2017, how many concerns were raised with, or reported to, The Priory Group regarding neglect or abuse at Charles Court Care Home, HR2 6GG, in relation to a vulnerable adult with care and support needs who is at risk and is unable to protect themselves because of those needs?
Please provide separate figures for each party: i.e. provider staff, residents, social workers, police, family member, etc.
2. Of the concerns raised or reported to The Priory Group from 1st January 2017 to 31st December 2017 by parties regarding neglect or abuse at Charles Court Care Home, HR2 6GG, how many were escalated by The Priory Group to an enquiry under Section 42 of the Care Act with Herefordshire Council?
3. Of the S42 enquiries undertaken by Herefordshire Council from 1st January 2017 to 31st December 2017 regarding neglect or abuse at Charles Court Care Home, HR2 6GG, how many were confirmed with The Priory Group?
4. Of the concerns raised or reported to Herefordshire council from 1st January 2017 to 31st December 2017 by The Priory Group regarding neglect or abuse at Charles Court Care Home, HR2 6GG, what form was the neglect or abuse: i.e. fall, bedsores, malnutrition, life-threatening infection, physical or psychological abuse, etc.
5. What is The Priory Group company policy regarding nurses who are under investigation by the Nursing & Midwifery Council or other organisation or regulatory body? i.e. Are said nurses permitted to continue working, and if so, independently or supervised?
6. If The Priory Group has a contract with a local authority, and any of The Priory Groups care homes are under investigations for the death of a service user, what safeguards are put in place by the Priory Group to prevent new admissions until the Care home is deemed safe and capable of providing adequate care and support by the relevant regulatory body?
Dear Priory Group Limited,
I note you have ignored responding to my request for a remarkably extended time.
Thank you for your email to the Legal & Compliance Helpdesk. Please note that the Helpdesk is covered Monday to Friday, 9.00am until 5.30pm. Emails received outside of these hours will be dealt with on the next working day.
If your query is in regards to a claim or the Coroner, please contact [email address]<mailto:[email address]> , [email address]<mailto:[email address]> or [email address]<mailto:[email address]>
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now