Print ads for the National Data Opt out Programme and "Your NHS data matters"

Phil Booth made this Freedom of Information request to NHS England

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, NHS England should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear NHS England,

As part of your awareness raising around the National Data Opt Out Programme and the “Your NHS data matters” campaign, it has been suggested that NHS England would run print and/or poster adverts.

Please provide:
(1) copies of any such adverts;
(2) the actual or expected spend per advert (i.e. the 'media buy' plus production costs);
(3) the audience targeting / expected audience for each advert, and;
(4) any and all success criteria for the advertising campaign set prior to launch.

Yours faithfully,

Phil Booth


Dear Customer,

 Thank you for your email.

 Please note our normal working hours are 08:00 to 18:00 from Monday to
Friday and we regret the delay in reply over the non-working hours.

 The Customer Contact Centre is experiencing a high volume of enquiries so
it may take us a little longer to respond. If you have raised a new
complaint, you will receive a separate acknowledgement within 3 working

For all other enquiries, we will get back to you as soon as we can. In the
meantime, you may find the following information helpful.

How can the Customer Contact Centre help me?

NHS England commissions or buys primary care services; for example, GPs,
dentists, opticians, and pharmacy services. We are also responsible for
prison healthcare, military health services, and some specialised
services. We can provide advice about accessing, giving feedback or making
a complaint about these services.

You may be able to find the answer you are looking for in our
[1]Frequently Asked Questions and our website explains how [2]to feedback
or make a complaint.

What if I have an enquiry or complaint about hospital care, NHS 111 or
out-of-hours GP services?

If your enquiry or complaint is about secondary care, this includes
hospital care, NHS 111 services, mental health services, out-of-hours
services and community services such as district nursing you’ll need to
contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). You can find their
contact details using the [3]NHS Choices service finder.

Do you provide medical advice?

No. Our advisors and not clinically trained and are unable to provide
medical advice. If you require emergency medical attention, dial 999 or
attend your local Accident and Emergency department if you are able to do

If you require non-urgent medical advice please contact your GP, local
walk-in or urgent healthcare centre, or call NHS 111. Calls are free from
landlines and mobile phones.

How do I report a change of name or address?

You should report a change of name or address to your GP practice so they
can update their records. If your new address is outside the practice’s
catchment area you may be asked to register with a new GP practice.

You should also advise your dentist or optician of a change of name or
address as they keep their own records.

Where can I find further information about NHS England?

You can find information about NHS England and our work on our [4]website.

No longer need our help?

If you no longer need our help and don’t want a response, please reply to
this email with ‘NO FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED’ in the title. We will then
close your enquiry.

 NHS England Customer Contact Centre

 How we use your information: Our privacy notices explains how we use,
share and store your personal information. You can find this on the NHS
England website [5]


show quoted sections

FOI, England (NHS ENGLAND), NHS England

Dear Phil Booth,


We are writing with regard to your Freedom of Information (FOI) request
dated 30 July 2018.


Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your request.
NHS England is not in a position to respond to your request at this time.
We are still in the process of assessing your request and will write to
provide you with a full response as soon as possible.


We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please be aware that
you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can be contacted at:


The Information Commissioner’s Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane





Telephone: 0303 123 1113

Email: [1][email address]  

Website: [2]


Please do not reply to this email. This message has been sent from a
central mailbox. To communicate with NHS England regarding Freedom of
Information (FOI) requests, enquiries or complaints we ask these are sent
directly to NHS England’s customer contact centre. This is to ensure all
communications are progressed correctly. Their postal address, telephone
number and email details are as follows: PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT;
0300 3 11 22 33, [3][NHS England request email].


Yours sincerely,


Freedom of Information

Corporate Communications Team

Transformation and Corporate Operations Directorate


NHS England

PO Box 16738


B97 9PT


Tel: 0300 311 22 33

Email: [4][NHS England request email]


‘Health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations’

show quoted sections