Dear University of Salford,
Can you please supply:
(1) your policy or policy guidance for duties under the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 duties for the various local authorities listed in Schedule 6, known as “Prevent”;
(2) your policy relating to Internet filtering, blocking and prevention of access to material deemed inappropriate;
(3) the name of any providers of Internet filtering and blocking services that you use, or else a statement that you do not block or filter content at all;
(4) a list of agreements, arrangements or Memorandums of Understanding between yourselves and bodies such as the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF), the Counter Terrorism Internet Referral Unit (CTIRU) of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS), or Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit (PIPCU) of the City of London Police, to receive lists of illegal or illicit content, for instance for the purposes of blocking.
Finally, can you:
(5) tell me if any filtering or blocking service that you use incorporates lists from the IWF, CTIRU or PIPCU, and which lists are incorporated; and
(6) provide to me any clauses within any contract or terms and conditions of service agreed with your filtering and blocking providers that relate to their use of information from the IWF, CTIRU or PIPCU.
This is an automated email, sent in response to an email to
[University of Salford request email].
If your email is a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000,
please consider this email an acknowledgement of your request.
Your request will be considered and you will receive the information
requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by
the Act, subject to the information not being exempt or containing a
reference to a third party.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may
prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an
assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the
information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the
case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then
they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to
release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
There may a fee payable for this information. This will be considered and
you will be informed if a fee is payable. In this event the fee must be
paid before the information is processed and released. The 20 working day
time limit for responses is suspended until receipt of the payment.
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact me at the address
below, alternatively further information is also available from the
Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe
House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, telephone: 01625 545 700
or online: www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk .
Head of Information Governance | Legal & Governance Directorate
Room 620 Maxwell Building, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
t: +44 (0) 161 295 6856
[email address] | www.infogov.salford.ac.uk/
Dear Mr Killock,
Thank you for your recent request made under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000. I would like to apologise for the delay.
Your request has been considered. Please find the University’s response
Matthew Stephenson FIRMS
Head of Information Governance
Legal & Governance Directorate
620 Maxwell Building, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
t: +44 (0) 161 295 6856
[email address]| www.salford.ac.uk
Thank you very much, that's very helpful.