Policy information request
Carolyn Tuson made this Freedom of Information request to West, North and East Cumbria Sustainability and Transformation Partnership as part of a batch sent to 255 authorities
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear West, North and East Cumbria Sustainability and Transformation Partnership,
I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act in relation to the research I am completing.
Having reviewed your website and policies, I am unable to obtain the relevant documents, which is why I have made this request. I would like to know which documents are used for the review and approval of new medical devices within your NHS Trust/entity.
The exact naming of the documents may differ, but the context is the same, so we ask for judgement to be used, and please let us know if you require further clarification.
1. Could you please provide a copy of the Trusts/entity“New Medical Device policy?”
2. Could you please provide a copy of the Trusts/entity“Medical Devices and Procurement Review Group policy?”
3. Could you please provide a copy of the Trusts/entity“Business case template for new medical devices or technology” for new medical/diagnostic device approval?
4. Could you please provide a list of all approved medical devices in your Trusts/entity? Excel format, word or PDF is fine.
5. Could you please provide a copy of the policy which supports “medical devices on trial requirements”.
6. Could you please provide the policy for including a new pathology test within the Trusts/entity?
7. Could you please provide the policy for the “New medical Product Selection Group”
8. Could you please confirm how often new medical device review meetings take place?
9. Could you please provide me the name of the staff member responsible for finances of new medical devices and their email address.
10. Could you please provide me the name of the staff member responsible for procurement of new medical devices and their email address.
11. Lastly, could you please supply a copy of the last 3 ‘New Medical Device meeting’ minutes and also the location of where they are published on your website?
All documents can be provide in word, PDF or a readable format.
Thank you for your help on this matter and look forward to hearing from you. Any questions please do let me know.
Please see our response to your Freedom of Information request attached.
Freedom of Information Team
NHS North Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Group
Our shared Values
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and
do no represent the views of NHS North Cumbria CCG unless otherwise
explicitly stated. The information contained in this email may be subject
to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the
information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this
email and your reply cannot be guaranteed. NHS North Cumbria CCG accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this
email, so although virus checked before transmission, the recipient should
also check for the presence of viruses.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now