Police Injury Award Pensions
The request was partially successful.
Dear Nottinghamshire Police Authority,
I am making a request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom Of Information Act. In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible. If however this request is too wide or too unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me by e-mail, as I understand that under the act, you are required to advise and assist requesters.
I would like to know:
1) How many former officers of the Nottinghamshire Police force are currently in receipt of an injury award pension, as provided for in the Police Pensions Regulations 1987 and the Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006?
2) Do you operate a policy of reducing an injury award pension to the lowest permissible band when the former officer reaches the age of 65?
3) In the years 2004 to 2008 inclusive, how many former officers’ injury award pensions were reduced to the lowest banding upon the former officer reaching the age of 65? (A total figure only is requested, but I have no objection if you break the figures down by year)
4) In the years 1987 to 2003 inclusive, how many former officers’ injury award pensions were reduced to the lowest banding upon the former officer reaching the age of 65? (A total figure only is requested, but I have no objection if you break the figures down by year)
5) In the years 2004 to 2008 inclusive, how many formal complaints have been made against officers of ACPO rank in the Nottinghamshire Police force regarding matters in any way connected with the administration of reviews of police injury awards? (A total figure only is requested, but I have no objection if you break the figures down by year)
I understand that under the FOI Act, I should be entitled to a response within 20 working days. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Please note that your full reply to the above questions should be sent by e-mail to the return address shown in the heading to this message. This is because both the request and its response are published for public scrutiny on the web site through which this request has been made.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Mr. John Jarman
Dear Mr Jarman,
Please find attached an acknowledgement for your Freedom of Information
request made to Nottinghamshire Police.
c/o Coryn Reynolds
* [email address]
<<FOI09-1929 Ack letter.doc>>
Unless otherwise stated please treat as restricted
Internet e-mail is not to be treated as a secure means of communication.
Nottinghamshire Police monitors all Internet e-mail activity and content. This
communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. Please notify the sender if
received in error. Unauthorised use or disclosure of the content may be
unlawful. There is no intent, by Nottinghamshire Police, that this e-mail should
constitute a legally binding document, nor do opinions expressed herein
necessarily represent official policy.
Find out about Nottinghamshire Police by visiting
From: Reynolds, Coryn On Behalf Of Freedom of Information
Sent: 23 January 2009 09:19
To: '[email address]'
Subject: Freedom of Information Act request
Dear Mr Jarman,
Attached is the response to your Freedom of Information Act request and
details of your right to appeal.
<<RESPONSE 1929.doc>> <<COMPLAINT RIGHTS -1.doc>>
Freedom of Information Research Officer
Nottinghamshire Police HQ
Sherwood Lodge, Arnold
Nottingham NG5 8PP