Police Action Against Middle Lane Drivers

James Doyle made this Freedom of Information request to Blaby District Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Blaby District Council did not have the information requested.

Dear Blaby District Council,

Since July this year the police were given authority to take swifter action against drivers who show poor lane discipline and hog the middle and outside lanes of dual carriage ways and motorways. I have noted a visual reduction in the number of motorists who commit this offence since July.

Are the records available to show the number of motorists who have been fined for this offence on Leicestershire's roads since the introduction of the new laws? Or is there a comparative measure that has either been undertaken or is in the process of being monitored to show the effectiveness of this recent change?

Yours faithfully,

James Doyle

Freedom of Information Mailbox, Blaby District Council

3 Attachments



Dear Mr Doyle




Your request for information has now been considered.  Unfortunately Blaby
District Council does not hold the information you have requested.


May I suggest that you contact Leicestershire County Council for this
information as they deal with all information relating to Highway matters.
Please let me know if you wish me to forward your request to them, if you
decide that you do, I will let you know the date that I transfer your


Contact details for Leicestershire County Council are as follows: Freedom
of Information, Strategy and Policy Team, Room 170, County Hall,
Glenfield, Leicester. LE3 8TG.[1][email address]

Should you be unhappy with the way your request has been handled you may
ask for an internal review. Please contact the Information & Contracts
Officer, Blaby District Council, Council offices, Desford Road,
Narborough, LE19 2EP, [email address], who will arrange
an internal review of your case.


If you are not happy with the outcome of the internal review, you have the
right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9
5AF. Tel: 0303 123 1113, [2]www.ico.org.uk.


If you have any queries about this email, please contact me quoting the
above reference number.


Yours sincerely


Kath Marsden

Information Management Services

Blaby District Council

[3][email address]


Visit Our Website: [4]www.blaby.gov.uk



[5][IMG]   [6][IMG] 


   Please save paper and only print out what is necessary


Find out what level of service you are entitled to receive by viewing our
[7]Service Standards.






show quoted sections