Please supply me with the necessary forms in order that I might raise a claim for Pothole damage to my vehicle.

The request was successful.

Christopher John Nash

Dear Wiltshire Council,
I have recently, Wednesday 17th February 2021, suffered pothole damage to my vehicle on the road between Burbage and Pewsey.(B3087)
I was travelling west towards Pewsey and about half a mile from the Burbage roundabout shortly after the area where there is constant flooding, I was faced with a bus coming eastwards towards Burbage.
My front nearside wheel entered the large puddle in which there was unseen severe road damage,
My tyre burst and my wheel was severely damaged.
I have since had my wheel repaired by Platinum Alloys based in Swindon and a new tyre has been fitted.
I am keen to raise a claim to the Wiltshire Council Highways Dept or any other relevant Dept. for compensation.
I would appreciate any help that you can give me regarding this issue.
I would also like to report this part of the road as a motoring hazard and am sure that other motorists have suffered the same fate as me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Yours faithfully,
Chris Nash

FOI, Wiltshire Council

Dear Mr Nash

Thanks you for your query, details on how to make an insurance claim and how to report Highways issues can be found here:

Yours sincerely


David Sausins
Senior Information Governance Officer (Data Protection)
Information Governance Team | Legal and Governance

Tel: 01249 709558
Email: [email address]
Follow Wiltshire Council

Sign up to Wiltshire Council's email news service

show quoted sections