Please can you

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, NHS England should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear NHS England,

Please can you provide me with a list of all the products bought by the NHS and their prices?
Yours faithfully,

mark spaven


Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. **Please read the important information below**

Please refer to the information below on how the Customer Contact Centre
can help you.

Our normal working hours are 08:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Friday and we
regret the delay in reply over the non-working hours.
The Customer Contact Centre is experiencing a high volume of enquiries. We
aim to respond to all general enquiries within 10 working days. If you
have raised a new complaint, you will receive a separate acknowledgement
within 3 working days

In the meantime, you may find the following information helpful.

How can the Customer Contact Centre help me?
NHS England commissions or buys primary care services; for example, GPs,
dentists, opticians, and pharmacy services. We are also responsible for
prison healthcare, military health services, and some specialised
services. We can provide advice about accessing, giving feedback or making
a complaint about these services.
You may be able to find the answer you are looking for in our Frequently
Asked Questions<>
and our website explains how to feedback or make a

What if I have an enquiry or complaint about hospital care, NHS 111 or
out-of-hours GP services?
If your enquiry or complaint is about secondary care, this includes
hospital care, NHS 111 services, mental health services, out-of-hours
services and community services such as district nursing you’ll need to
contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). You can find their
contact details using the NHS Choices service

Do you provide medical advice?
No. Our advisors and not clinically trained and are unable to provide
medical advice. If you require emergency medical attention, dial 999 or
attend your local Accident and Emergency department if you are able to do
If you require non-urgent medical advice please contact your GP, local
walk-in or urgent healthcare centre, or call NHS 111. Calls are free from
landlines and mobile phones.

How do I report a change of name or address?
You should report a change of name or address to your GP practice so they
can update their records. If your new address is outside the practice’s
catchment area you may be asked to register with a new GP practice.
You should also advise your dentist or optician of a change of name or
address as they keep their own records.

Where can I find further information about NHS England?
You can find information about NHS England and our work on our

How we use your information: Our privacy notices explains how we use,
share and store your personal information. You can find this on the NHS
England website

show quoted sections

FOI, England (NHS ENGLAND), NHS England

Dear Mark Spaven


Re: NHS England correspondence


Thank you for your correspondence dated 26 November 2018.


Your correspondence read:-


“Please can you provide me with a list of all the products bought by the
NHS and their prices?”


NHS England is not, at this stage, able to proceed with your enquiry under
the (FOI) Act, as your request is unclear.


It may be helpful if we explain that NHS England is not the same as ‘the
NHS in England’. The NHS in England is not a single organisation but is
made up of a range of organisations such as Hospitals, Clinical
Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Ambulance Trusts. NHS England is
responsible for commissioning primary care services such as GP and dental
surgeries, as well as some specialised secondary care services. Therefore,
any recorded information NHS England may be able to provide in response to
an FOI request will generally relate to the services NHS England


We would therefore be grateful if you could clarify the following;


o Are you asking for a list purchased by NHS England and if so, what


Please be aware that the Section 12 exemption may apply for the clarified
response which allows public authorities to withhold information should it
take over 18 hours to collate, therefore, you may wish to narrow your
request accordingly.


As set out at Section 1(3) of the FOI Act, when further information is
required in order to identify and locate the information requested, and
the applicant has been informed, no further action is required until the
additional information has been received.


Please send your clarified request to [1][NHS England request email].


Once received, NHS England will write to acknowledge receipt of your
request and to provide you with a reference number. Please note that the
20 working day timeframe for complying with an FOI request does not
commence until the above information is provided.


Please do not reply to this email. This message has been sent from a
central mailbox. To communicate with NHS England regarding Freedom of
Information (FOI) requests, enquiries or complaints we ask these are sent
directly to NHS England’s customer contact centre. This is to ensure all
communications are progressed correctly. Their postal address, telephone
number and email details are as follows:- PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT;
0300 3 11 22 33, [2][NHS England request email].



Yours sincerely,


Freedom of Information

Corporate Communications Team

Patients and Information Directorate


NHS England

PO Box 16738


B97 9PT


Tel: 0300 311 22 33

Email: [NHS England request email]


show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .