Planning permission rejections due to protected species in England
John Griffiths made this Freedom of Information request to East Cambridgeshire District Council as part of a batch sent to 285 authorities
Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.
Dear East Cambridgeshire District Council,
I'm writing to enquire about the following information in relation to your Local Planning Authority.
I would like to know:
• How many planning permission requests were received last year?
• How many planning permission requests were rejected last year?
• How many planning permission requests were rejected due to protected species?
• Of these, how many were rejected due to: badgers, bats, birds, dormice, newts, invertebrates, natterjack toads, otters, reptiles, water voles, white-clawed crayfish, or other?
John Griffiths, Cardiff
AUTOMATED MESSAGE We acknowledge receipt of this email and your request
will be dealt with accordingly. The Council have 20 working days to comply
with requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
and Environmental Information Regulations 2004. Please note if your email
is not a request for information, this will not fall within the statutory
time limit but will be dealt with by the relevant department. Victoria
Higham Information and Legal Support Officer 01353 665555
[email address] www.eastcambs.gov.uk East Cambridgeshire
District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs CB7 4EE
Thank you for your recent FOI request. I have been asked by the department responsible for answering for clarification on your questions:
• How many planning permission requests were received last year? - Is this calendar or financial year? Asking for ‘planning permissions’ – this would not involve any prior notifications, discharge of conditions, adverts, certificate of lawfulness. In ‘received’ do you mean the number of applications validated?
• How many planning permission requests were rejected last year? - By rejected do you mean refused? Is this the number of those submitted (included in the Question above) or is it irrelevant when application was submitted?
As soon as we receive clarification we will gather the information for you. If we do not receive clarification from you within 3 months of the date of this email, we will consider your request closed.
East Cambridgeshire District Council
The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE
Pay, report, apply online 24 hours a day
[East Cambridgeshire District Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now