Places funded in BELB to Glencraig Curative School
D Hoggs made this Freedom of Information request to Belfast Education and Library Board (Northern Ireland)
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear Belfast Education and Library Board (Northern Ireland),
1. Please advise how many children and young people up to the age of 19 years have received funding from the BELB during the last two fiscal years and this current fiscal year to date, to attend GLENCRAIG Curative School, Northern Ireland.
2. Please advise of the costs associated with same, indicating the cost on a per person basis for both full-time and part time attendance if applicable.
3. If you cannot answer question 2 above, please advise the full costs, paid by the BELB associated with sending a child/young person to this facility for one year on a full-time basis.
4. Please advise of the parental/carer/guardian financial contribution (if any) required in the said placements.
5. Please advise of contributions from other agencies (name them) and/or Departments which assist with funding for said placements and percentage of their total contribution on a per person basis.
If you cannot answer any of the questions above, please advise me who can.
Thank you for your enquiry. It has been forwarded to the appropriate board officers. Please refer to the attachment advising how your request will be handled.
I have received the following response to your information request. I hope
it is helpful. The person responsible for the collation of this
information is ill at the moment and I wanted to ensure that the
information I was supplied with complied fully with your request. Please
let me know if I can advise you further- Liz
1. During academic years 2012/13, 2013/14 and the current academic year
the Belfast Education and Library Board funded a total of 9 placements
for pupils up to the age of 19 years.
2. The BELB funds the school portion of the fees, over the period cited
, ( three years) are as follows:
* 1 pupil at £88k per annum
* 5 pupils at £48k per pupil , per annum
* 1 pupil at £70k per annum
* 2 pupils at £68k per pupil , per annum
Fees are based on a standard fee plus any additional adult
3. See 2. Above
4. There is no parental contribution towards the educational component of
5. For those pupils requiring a residential placement, residential fees
are met by the Health and Social Care Trust within which the pupil
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now