Dear Office of Communications,
I would kindly request the following information regarding unlicensed/pirate radio stations broadcasting in the East London area between January 2018 and July 2019 under the freedom of information act.
1. Please provide the numbers, and details where possible, of prosecutions against individuals that have taken place between the specified dates.
2. Out of the number of persons identified, how many have had multiple prosecutions?
3. Please list the names of all the unlicensed broadcast stations you know of and the number of times enforcement action has been carried against each of them, including dates and those where no action was taken (e.g the radio station left the air of it's own accord before any action could be taken) clearly showing the method of enforcement used (ie: studio raid, main transmitter removal, mobile telephones disconnected, website domain name blocking etc).
4. How many enforcement visits have been as a result from information supplied from members of the public or licence paying broadcasters.
5. Please supply a breakdown of costs for each case of enforcement action carried out.
6. Please give details of any complaints or allegations made by the public or by licence paying broadcasters.
7. Out of the unlicensed broadcast stations identified, if any have not had enforcement action against them? Please supply information as to why it hasn't taken place.
8. How many reports of interference to safety of life services or aviation have been reported in Yorkshire between the dates stated above, if any please state which authority reported it and if the interference was proven to be attributed to unlicensed/pirate radio?
I would like to thank you for your prompt action in processing this request.
Mr M Lewis
2a Southwark Bridge Road
London SE1 9HA
Freedom of Information request
Dear Mark Lewis,
Thank you for your request for information about Pirate Radio East London. Your
request was received on 16/08/2019.
Where we hold the information you have requested we will endeavour to answer
your request in full and within 20 Working Days.
If we are unable to provide the information requested, we will explain why the
information has not been provided.
If you have any queries then please
contact [Ofcom request email].
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Our mailing address is:
[Ofcom request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now