Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
I would like to know:
- How many decisions are made based on 'informal observations' at a face-to-face assessment, and how often such observations are considered inconsistent with the medical evidence provided by the claimant.
- What informal observations the assessor is required/advised to make and at which point in the assessment, specifically which activities and their descriptors.
- What percentage of claimants with a listed mental health condition are assigned a professional with listed mental health experience.
- Number of medical reports sent by the claimant the assessor is required to read prior to the face-to-face assessment, and the average length of time assigned to them to do so.
- Information about any Key Performance Indicators which apply to the DWP around the handling of Face-to-face assessments, specifically turnaround time and number of PIP rejections.
Emma Caitlin Townend
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FOI mailbox.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally expect
a response within 20 working days.
However please be advised that due to the current situation with COVID-19
we cannot guarantee a response within this timescale.
Every effort is being made to respond to FOIs as we would usually but the
current situation means that available Departmental resources will be
needed on other high priority areas.
We kindly ask for your understanding during this unprecedented situation
and we will aim to deal with your FOI request as soon as is practically
Email FOI responses will be issued from [email address]
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now