Dear Buckinghamshire Council,
1) Please explain if you have a policy for SEND EHCP parents to request a personal transport budget (not mileage rate agreements) to manage and appoint the transport contract for their child's school run?
2) What is the exact and specific legislative basis that Buckinghamshire Council relies upon to offer and agree to SEND parents having a direct payment for a transport budget to manage their own transport arrangements?
3) How many service use a direct transport budget (not mileage rates) allowance to arrange a taxi contract for daily arrangements per year 2021 and 2022 to date?
4) Please provide all the backroad minutes/ meeting notes/ panel discussions which led to the development of the direct transport payment decision policy for service users ?
5) How is the budget for transport namely for children with EHCPs calculated for the service user? Is it expected that quotes be supplied by parents to the council to obtain the budget?
6) What at the benefits to the council if SEND parents manage and uptake the transport personal budgets?
7) How often does the Council review / audit a service users transport budget?
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now