Dear North East Scotland College,
As per the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please supply me with the following information in electronic format:
1) How many staff do you have who are not on permanent contracts (please break down by support staff, lecturers, and staff earning over £70k)?
2) Please provide a breakdown of how many of these staff have now been employed for over one year (again broken down by support staff, lecturers and staff earning over £70k).
3) Please provide a breakdown of how many of these staff have now been employed for over two years (again broken down by support staff, lecturers and staff earning over £70k).
4) How many support staff (from question 1) are on time limited contracts due to project based funding, or sickness or maternity cover?
5) How many (Support) staff (from question 3) have been transferred to permanent (contracts) since the 19th of October 2018?
6) Please give reasons (and breakdown of numbers by reason) why support staff not affected by question 4 and employed for over 2 years have not yet been made permanent?
7) Please give reasons (and breakdown of numbers by reason) why support staff not affected by question 4 and employed for over 1 year have not yet been made permanent?
8) Have you supplied a list, of Support Staff not affected by question 4 to the local Trade Union Stewards?
9) In relation to questions 7 & 8 was this discussed at a formal meeting with support staff Trade Unions (e.g. JNC)?
10) If so please supply the minute of meetings since October 2018 relating to (see also STS Circular 05/18)?
11) How many staff on temporary (change temporary to “not on permanent”) contracts have had contracts ended since October 2018 (please break down by support staff, lecturers and staff earning over £70k.
12) If you have staff affected by your answers to questions 6 & 7 can you detail your plan to address in relation to circular STS 05/18?
Please acknowledge receipt of this information request and I shall look forward to receiving your full disclosure within 20 working days.
Good morning Mr Gallacher,
I acknowledge receipt of your Freedom of Information request and confirm
that we will respond within the required timescale.
Director of Student Access and Information
North East Scotland College,
Aberdeen City Campus,Gallowgate, Aberdeen, AB25 1BN, Scotland, UK
Fraserburgh Campus, Henderson Road, Fraserburgh, AB43 9GA, Scotland. UK
( Tel: +44 (0)1224 612146/+44 (0)1346 586104
( Mob: +44 (0)7872 420251
* Email: [email address]
: Web: www.nescol.ac.uk
Thank you for your recent Freedom of Information Request. Please see below
in red the responses from North East Scotland College.
North East Scotland College has a statutory duty to include details of
appeal rights in every FOI response. The Commissioner’s contact details
can be found at the following link -:
College Administration and Examinations Manager
North East Scotland College
Tel: 01224 612374
Email: mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now