Dear Glasgow Kelvin College,
As per the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 please supply me with the following information in electronic format:
1) How many staff do you have who are not on permanent contracts (please break down by support staff, lecturers, and staff earning over £70k)?
2) Please provide a breakdown of how many of these staff have now been employed for over one year (again broken down by support staff, lecturers and staff earning over £70k).
3) Please provide a breakdown of how many of these staff have now been employed for over two years (again broken down by support staff, lecturers and staff earning over £70k).
4) How many support staff (from question 1) are on time limited contracts due to project based funding, or sickness or maternity cover?
5) How many (Support) staff (from question 3) have been transferred to permanent (contracts) since the 19th of October 2018?
6) Please give reasons (and breakdown of numbers by reason) why support staff not affected by question 4 and employed for over 2 years have not yet been made permanent?
7) Please give reasons (and breakdown of numbers by reason) why support staff not affected by question 4 and employed for over 1 year have not yet been made permanent?
8) Have you supplied a list, of Support Staff not affected by question 4 to the local Trade Union Stewards?
9) In relation to questions 7 & 8 was this discussed at a formal meeting with support staff Trade Unions (e.g. JNC)?
10) If so please supply the minute of meetings since October 2018 relating to (see also STS Circular 05/18)?
11) How many staff on temporary (change temporary to “not on permanent”) contracts have had contracts ended since October 2018 (please break down by support staff, lecturers and staff earning over £70k.
12) If you have staff affected by your answers to questions 6 & 7 can you detail your plan to address in relation to circular STS 05/18?
Please acknowledge receipt of this information request and I shall look forward to receiving your full disclosure within 20 working days.
Dear Mr Gallacher
Thank you for your request for information as outlined in your email below.
Your request was received on Tuesday 16 July 2019 and has been logged with the following reference number 0716.014.
We shall aim to process your request as soon as possible and certainly within 20 working days following the received date. You should expect a response by Tuesday 13 August 2019 at the latest.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us quoting the above reference number in any correspondence.
Donald Higgins - Durnan
Please could you replace the existing response on your website with the attached. This is to ensure the staff members signature is not visible on your website.
Donald Higgins - Durnan
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now