This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Percentage of students achieving 1st or 2:1 in BA Economics'.

Dr James Knapton 
Information Compliance Officer 
By email 
Reference: FOI-2014-149 
8 April 2014 
Dear Karl, 
Your request was received on 7 April 2014 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of 
Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’). 
You asked: 
Percentage of students achieving 1st or 2:1 in BA Economics 
I would like to request information for the number (percentage) of students who receive a final 
degree classification of: 
a) 1st class degree 
b) 2:1  
c) 2:2 or below 
for the years 2010-2013 

Cambridge undergraduate degree courses leading to a B.A. qualification are commonly referred to as 
Triposes (see Most Triposes are 
divided into ‘Parts’ lasting one or two years. Each Part of the Tripos is self-contained; there is no 
averaging out of Tripos results to give an overall class for the degree awarded. With this in mind, the 
information you have requested is published as follows: 
2010 (table 23) 
2011 (table EXM_01) 
2012 (table EXM_01) 
The Old Schools 
Trinity Lane 
Cambridge, CB2 1TN 
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 764142 
Fax: +44 (0) 1223 332332 

2013 (table EXM_01) 
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a 
complaint or request an internal review of this decision, you should write to Dr Kirsty Allen, Head of the 
Registrary’s Office, quoting the reference above, at The Old Schools, Trinity Lane, Cambridge, CB2 
1TN or send an email marked for her attention to The University would normally 
expect to receive your request for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this letter and 
reserves the right not to review a decision where there has been undue delay in raising a complaint. If 
you are not content with the outcome of your review, you may apply directly to the Information 
Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the Information Commissioner cannot make a decision unless 
you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the University. The Information 
Commissioner may be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water 
Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF ( 
Yours sincerely, 
James Knapton