PCs and other devices owned/run by the BBC
Mike Magee made this Freedom of Information request to British Broadcasting Corporation
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear British Broadcasting Corporation,
Can you tell me:
1. How many PCs running any version of Windows are used by the BBC.
2. How many PCs running any versions of Macintosh machines are used by the BBC.
3. How many smartphones using the Android operating system are used by the BBC.
4. How many Apple smartphones are used by the BBC.
5. How many tablets of either operating systems are used by the BBC.
6. What is the annual spend by the BBC on IT support.
7. How does the BBC dispose of machines in the above categories when the machines become redundant?
8. Which resellers/distributors does the BBC use to procure and dispose of machines?
9. Who is responsible for making IT decisions locally and worldwide?
10. How much money in UK pounds does the BBC make from advertisements worldwide?
Dear Mike Magee
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, as detailed in your email below. Your request was received on 15.02.2020. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.
The reference number for your request is RFI20200259.
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: [BBC request email]
Dear Mr Magee,
Please find attached our response to your request for information
Information Rights, BBC Legal
BC2A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TP
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now