PCN Code - Camper Vans Overnight Parking

The request was successful.

Dear Pembrokeshire Council,
I refer to your reply of today to F010815.
You have omitted to answer my question about the issue of a PCN if an occupant or a disabled wheelchair bound occupant had fallen asleep during the night whilst parked in an area designated for parking.
Does the designated area change status after midnight (or whatever time Pembroke see fit?)
If a vehicle has paid or is parked in a designated space and inadvertenly sleeps how can you classify that as a contravention ?
Do your "traffic enforcement officers" knock on windows demanding access to the vehicle to catch sleepers ?
I draw your attention the link below - I look forward (with eyes wide open) to your reply


Yours faithfully,
Gerald Kenneth Jones

Freedom Of Information, Pembrokeshire County Council

1 Attachment

If you have received this email in error, please notify us by telephone on
01437 764551 and delete it from your computer immediately. Os ydych chi
wedi derbyn yr e-bost hwn trwy gamgymeriad, byddwch cystal â rhoi gwybod
inni trwy ffonio 01437 764551. Wedyn dylech ddileu’r e-bost ar unwaith
oddi ar eich cyfrifiadur.


Dear Gerald Kenneth Jones


In response to your email our parking manager has confirmed;


Within the traffic order it stipulates – “No person shall use a parking
place or any part of a parking place or any vehicle left in a parking
place : for sleeping or camping proposes.


Each Penalty Charge notice issued can be appealed -  we would review the
mitigating circumstances supplied by the owner / keeper of the vehicles


I can confirm we would not knock on the windows to review whether people
are sleeping


Parking places are designated for the purpose of parking, not to be used
for overnight camping or sleeping.


Yours sincerely




[1]cid:image001.jpg@01D4C869.7501CAC0 The FOI Team


Pembrokeshire County
Council / Cyngor Sir Benfro

County Hall / Neuadd y Sir

Haverfordwest / Hwlffordd

SA61 1TP


Tel / Ffon: 01437 77 6684

Email / E-bost:
[2][Pembrokeshire County Council request email]

show quoted sections