Payments to Directors/CEOs

The request was successful.

Dear North Lanarkshire Council,

I am writing to you to request the following information.

1) During 2020, how many council employees were placed on furlough. If this number changed over time, please provide a breakdown of when the changes took place and what they were.
1a) Please provide the conditions of the furlough (i.e. 100% wage with 80% furlough and remaining 20% topped up by the local authority)

2) During 2020, the number of employees of council-owned ALEOs who were placed on furlough with a breakdown by ALEO. If this number changed over time, please provide a breakdown of when the changes took place and what they were.

3) For 2020, a monthly breakdown of the number of council employees made redundant
3a) For 2018 and 2019, the total number of council employees made redundant per year.

4) For the financial years 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, and the forthcoming financial year 2020/21, please provide the following information.
4a) The salary of the five highest-paid council employees, their name and role, date of joining the council, and details of any bonus payment.
4b) For the financial years 2019/20 and 2020/21, an indication as to whether any planned or approved bonus payments have been paid in full or not accepted by the top five highest-paid council employees (if relevant)

Yours faithfully,
Conor Matchett

Kirkpatrick Angelene, North Lanarkshire Council

Dear Mr Matchett

I acknowledge receipt of your request which is receiving attention.

I shall contact you again when I am in a position to respond more fully to your request.

Yours sincerely

Angelene Kirkpatrick
For Freedom of Information Co-ordinator
North Lanarkshire Council
Civic Centre
Windmillhill Street
Motherwell
ML1 1AB

Working from home
Please contact via email

show quoted sections

Kirkpatrick Angelene, North Lanarkshire Council

Dear Mr
Matchett

Request for Information

 

I refer again to your e-mail of 7 September 2020 seeking information in
relation to Council employees.

 

Having investigated, my response to your four enquiries is as follows:-

 

(1)          I can advise that from March to June 2020, 278 employees were
designated as furloughed.  During July 2020, 205 employees were designated as
furloughed.  Staff returned to work from furlough leave on various dates
throughout August.  The number of staff designated as furloughed reduced to a
total of 26 employees by 1 September 2020 and this remains the current position.

 

(1)(a)  100% wage with 80% furlough and remaining 20% topped up by the
local authority

 

(2)          North Lanarkshire Council does not hold information in relation to
ALEOs furloughing staff and such information should be sought from the ALEOs
themselves.  Accordingly, in terms of Section 17 of the Freedom of Information
(Scotland) Act 2002 I must advise you of this.

 

(3)          During 2020 North Lanarkshire Council has not issued Notices of
Termination of Employment by reason of redundancy.

 

(3)(a)   For 2018 and 2019 North Lanarkshire Council did not issue Notices
of Termination of Employment by reason of redundancy.

 

(4)(a)   North Lanarkshire Council's annual accounts disclose information
in relation to salaries, fees and allowances for its senior employees. 
The annual accounts are publicly available on the Council's website and as
you may know, Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
provides an exemption for information that is already accessible.  For
ease of reference the link to this information is as follows:-

 

[1]https://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/inde...

 

(4)(b)   Not applicable.

 

I can advise that North Lanarkshire Council, having regard to the
provisions of Section 21 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act
2002, has established a procedure whereby any person who has requested
information and is in any way dissatisfied with the decision on that
request, can within forty working days require a review of that decision
by writing to the Head of Legal and Democratic Solutions, Civic Centre,
Windmillhill Street, Motherwell ML1 1AB.  Accordingly, if you are
dissatisfied with this decision and seek such review please write to the
Head of Legal and Democratic Solutions.

 

I would advise, also, that in terms of Section 47 of the Act a person who
is dissatisfied with a notice given by the local authority under Section
21 of the Act - ie. a notice following a review of a decision by a local
authority, or by the failure of a local authority to give such a notice -
may make application to the Scottish Information Commissioner for a
decision as to whether, in any respect specified in that application, the
request for information to which the requirement relates has been dealt
with in accordance with the Act.  Such an application must be made within
six months of the review decision and be in writing or in another form
which, by reason of it having some permanency is capable of being used for
subsequent reference. The application must state the name of the
applicant, and provide an address for correspondence. The application must
also specify the request for information to which the requirement for
review relates, the matter which gave rise to the applicant’s
dissatisfaction with the original decision of the local authority and the
matter which gives rise to the applicant’s dissatisfaction with the
decision on review by the local authority or the failure of the local
authority to issue such a decision.  The Scottish Information Commissioner
can be contacted as follows:-

 

Scottish Information Commissioner

Kinburn Castle

Doubledykes Road

St. Andrews

KY16  9DS

email: [2][email address]

 

Appeals to the Scottish Information Commissioner can also be made online
via the following link: -

 

[3]www.itspublicknowledge.info/Appeal

 

I hope this information is sufficient for your purpose.  If, however, you
require further information – or I can assist in any other way – please
let me know.

 

Yours sincerely

 

Angelene Kirkpatrick

For Freedom of Information Co-ordinator

North Lanarkshire Council

Civic Centre

Windmillhill Street

Motherwell

ML1 1AB

 

Working from home

Please contact via email

 

 

 

 

show quoted sections