Pay Scales and salary consequences of changing between the Statistician and Operational Research professions
Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
(1) Could you please provide the minimum and maximum payscales for the following two of the four main analytical professions broken down by profession and grade for London only:
- Statisticians (Government Statistical Service)
- Operational Researchers (Government Operational Research Service).
(2) In addition to (1) above, could you give the 25th percentile, median, and 75th percentile of the salaries broken down by profession and grade for London only.
(3) If an employee changes profession from a median salaried HStO Statistician into an equivalently graded HSO Operational Researcher, how is their salary changed, if at all? Is this the same at SStO and SSO grades?
(4) If an employee changes profession from a median salaried Operational Researcher into an equivalently graded Statistician, how is their salary changed, if at all? Is this the same at SSO and SStO grades?
(5) If an employee changes from a HSO Operational Researcher to a HStO Statistician and then to a SSO Operational Researcher is it then possible for their salary to be re-calculated so that they are at the top of their payscale in London by the time they are an SSO?
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
Dear Jen Dalestone
Attached is the response to your Freedom of Information request.
DWP Freedom of Information
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now