Dear Edge Hill University,
Please could you send the following information as outlined in the Freedom of Information Act for the year ending 31 July 2013, or for the financial year in which 31 July 2013 falls. If information for that period is not yet available, please use the most recent information you have. Please specify what period this information refers to at the beginning of your answer.
1. i) The number of individuals employed by the university who receive total remuneration* of £140,000 pa or more.
ii) The number of these individuals who are women.
2. The total remuneration* of the highest paid employee.
3. i) The number of individuals directly employed by the university who are paid less than the Living Wage of £7.65 per hour [or £8.80 per hour within Greater London].
ii) The number of these individuals (paid less than Living Wage) who are women.
iii) If available, the number of individuals employed by outside contractors to provide services at your university who are paid less than the Living Wage of £7.65 per hour [or £8.80 per hour within Greater London].
iv) Whether your university has a policy to require on-site staff working for external contractors to be paid Living Wage rates as a minimum.
4. i) The number of employees paid at exactly the National Minimum Wage, including those employed by outside contractors to work at your university.
ii) The number of these individuals (paid at exactly National Minimum Wage) who are women.
5. i) The number of apprentices employed by your university.
ii) The lowest remuneration* received by apprentices employed by your university.
6. The ratio between the total remuneration* of the highest-paid employee and the total remuneration* of the lowest-paid employee.
7. The ratio between the total remuneration* of the highest-paid employee and the total remuneration* of the median-paid employee.
*[adapted from the government's definition of remuneration (for local authority chief officers) under section 43 of the Localism Act 2011] Remuneration meaning:
(a)salary or, in the case of an individual engaged under a contract for services, payments made by the university to the individual those services,
(b)any bonuses payable by the university to the individual,
(c)any charges, fees or allowances payable by the authority to the individual,
(d)any benefits in kind to which the individual is entitled as a result of their office or employment,
(e)any increase in or enhancement of the individual's pension entitlement where the increase or enhancement is as a result of a resolution of the university, and
(f)any amounts payable by the university to the individual on the individual ceasing to hold office under or be employed by the university, other than amounts that may be payable by virtue of any enactment.
(g) calculated as full-time equivalent
Dear Rustam Majainah
Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Information Request
Edge Hill University has recently completed and internal review relating to information requests received under the Freedom of Information Act, 2000. After considering the policy and procedures for handling requests for information the conclusion was that whilst the majority of requests were handled efficiently a number of requests made through the website “whatdotheyknow.com” had not been responded to.
Before continuing, I would like to apologise for the delay in the handling of your request. As a response to your request is considerably overdue I am unsure as to whether or not you still require the information. If you still require response documentation please let me know and be assured it will be given processing priority.
Edge Hill University
St Helens Road
Lancashire L39 4QP
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now