Dear British Broadcasting Corporation,
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the below information.
This request follows on from, but is not a duplicate of RFI20200367 which as you know is currently under internal review IR2020030. You will be aware that your response to RFI20200367 was substantially delayed and therefore the data you provided was significantly out of date by the time you provided it. I have been advised by the ICO to submit a new FOI request in order to obtain more up to date data. That data should be taken as of today, 23 July 2020 and I would like to remind you that you are legally required to provide a prompt response within 20 working days of the date of this request. Should the response to this new FOI be delayed beyond 20 working days, I will not hesitate to contact the ICO again.
The data requested is for the period 19 July 2017 to the present (please confirm the end date of the data snapshot in your response).
The response to the three questions below should include:
• Any women who have undertaken paid work for the BBC irrespective of their employment contract type or employment status and should include freelance workers
• Any women who have undertaken paid work for any part of the BBC
• Any women who have since left the BBC
1. How many women have pay-related cases against the BBC registered at employment tribunal?
2. How many women have pay-related cases against the BBC registered with ACAS?
3. How many women in total have received pay revisions, increases or settlements including any adjustments for back pay or pension remedy from the BBC? The total should include any revisions that have resulted from any internal or external processes including but not limited to the following:
• Employment Tribunal proceedings including preliminary hearings and judicial mediations
• ACAS mediation/conciliation process
• BBC internal grievance or grievance appeal
• Any informal pay enquiry recorded by the BBC’s HR Case Management System / Case Tracker
If for any reason you feel this request is unclear, of if you have any concerns about the time it would take to obtain all or part of this data, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you are not the appropriate authority for this request, or for part of it, please let me know as soon as is convenient.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
Dear Caroline Barlow,
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, as detailed in your email below. Your request was received on 23 July 2020. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.
The reference number for your request is RFI20201056.
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: [BBC request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now