Dear London Ambulance Service NHS Trust,
I would like information on the use of private taxis to convey patients to care facilities within the past 12 months
1. How many patients (total number and percentage) were referred to the taxi service following face-to-face assessment?
2. How many patients (total number and percentage) were referred to the taxi service following remote assessment by a clinician in the clinical contact center or similar?
2a. Of those referred by the CCC, how many were following a GP/HCP request for transportation (total number and percentage of all GP/HCP admissions)?
3. What is the overall total number of patients conveyed by taxi
4. What is the overall percentage of patients conveyed by taxi
5. How many serious/adverse incidents have been reported related directly to the transportation of patients by taxi
Thank you for your request for information placed under the Freedom of
Information Act (2000). We will provide you with a substantive response in
due course. Freedom of Information Office London Ambulance Service NHS
Dear Mr McGregor
Your request for information has been handled under the Freedom of
Information Act. I apologise for the delay in responding. Please find
below our response. Please note, that this data is for the 2018 calendar
Information Governance Manager
London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
020 7783 2730
Respectful | Professional | Innovative | Collaborative
Building a world-class ambulance service for a world-class city
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now